Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show's 25 Days of Disney Giving in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I’ve spoken before about the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project to help send children with life threatening illnesses to WDW through the Make A Wish Foundation of America. What started with ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Thumbs up WDW Radio Show's 25 Days of Disney Giving

I’ve spoken before about the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project to help send children with life threatening illnesses to WDW through the Make A Wish Foundation of America. What started with me taking portions of the proceeds of book sales 3 years ago has blossomed into an ongoing fundraising mission thanks to the help of incredible volunteers and people who have donated their time, money and even Disney merchandise for our annual charity auction at MagicMeets. Last year, we raised $9000 in just a few hours, and I’m still overwhelmed by the efforts and actions of so many people. We set up a donations page at Firstgiving.com and have raised almost $14,000 so far. That doesn’t even include the 3 children we sent to WDW in the past through our previous efforts with the Starlight-Starbright Foundation.

But recently, I have been contacted by people like Eric Hollister from GeoMouse.com, who has not only purchased some amazing Disney prizes for our 13-part WDW Marathon Challenge Contest, but also continues to donate $100 for each winner.

Well last week, quite unexpectedly, I received an email from a listener named David Petr from Texas who wanted to do his part to help.

He said, “Since it is the season of giving, I'd like to present an idea to you thought would benefit your listeners and your charity. I have a collection of Walt Disney World memorabilia that I have amassed from visiting every year since I was two years old, as well as my time working in the parks on the Disney College Program.”

What he proposed is something we’re calling the 25 Days of Disney Giving. Starting Dec. 1, he will post one Disney item on eBay every day for 25 days. Items range from 15 Year Anniversary signs and Bicentennial license plates to pre-opening postcards and Electrical Water Pageant LPs, cast-member exclusives stuff, Euro Disney items, and even signed Castle sculptures.

He thought it was fitting to have a 25th anniversary item to kick off the 25 days. This first auction, and Sunday’s, will be a 10-day then we will go to 5 day auctions.

Here is a link to the first of the auctions: A Cinderella Castle 25th Anniversary signed sculpture.

To watch for other auctions, his eBay seller name is roll-aroundspaceshipearth
    After the various eBay listing fees have been paid, he will donate 50% of all proceeds to the DWT DT Project. Every day there will be something new, sort of an advent calendar to count down to Christmas.

He hopes that you will be inspired to give this holiday season and win something new for your collection.

My thanks to him, and for everyone who looks, bids and wins. Please help spread the word about this auction elsewhere, as not just a great way to add some wonderful pieces to your collection, but an opportunity to help children that really do need some of that Disney Magic in their lives.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 12-02-2007 at 10:58 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

That is an AWESOME idea!! I'll have to check it out before leaving. One of these years I'm going to donate money instead of buying presents and just tell people that money was given to charity in their name. It would make shopping a whole lot easier.

Let's spread the words guys and keep those dreams coming true!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Another item is up HERE!!!!

(Lou checking his PayPal balance...)
    Lou Mongello

I'm going to go bid against you Lou!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

More items are up, as new ones will be added daily. You can see what's available by visiting the ebay page HERE

Today's item? How about a Cast Member Handbook!?!
    Lou Mongello

davidjpetr is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you, Lou and all the listeners who are supporting the 25 Days of Giving. We're off to a great start. Behind the scenes, I'm seeing quite a lot of activity with many people bidding and watching. As you have probably noticed, new items are listed at noon central time every day. Tomorrow is an Imagineering gem and Friday brings a Euro Disney item. Please continue to spread the word! There's much more to come. David.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    David, thank YOU for such a generous campaign!

I know I'll be checking in daily.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tbdharma is offline A-Ticket holder
    Who outbid me for the castle figurine? Everyone in the world slams Disney for doing the cake thing and thinks it was gawd awful ugly and then I get outbid for it. I thought I would have no problem! Seriously, congrats to whoever you are, I actually really wanted it. At least I know I'm not the only one in the world that liked it. I think it was something cool that Disney did that year. Go ahead, laugh at me for admitting I liked it.

P.S. David, as I said in the email to you I think it is great what you are doing...You to Lou!

mandjblum is offline A-Ticket holder

I won it

I love the cake castle. The first time I went to Disney world was in 1996 and remember seeing the castle. That was the start of my obsession. I had to have it.

tbdharma is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm glad you got it! I took my wife,then girlfriend, there for her first time that year. It was also a good memory for the both of us.

streamlines is offline Fastpass Holder
    Can I also say thank you to Mrzmaz who pushed me for the Cast Member handbook but did not take it over my limit. As I am away in the UK, I have to wait until 10th Jan when I fly over to pick it up.
    Hayden

Done the Goofy and Survived

1st WDW Visit - Sept 05
    1st Disneyland Paris Trip - Nov 05
    1st WDW On-Site stay - Jan 08 (Polynesian)
    1st WDW Alone - Jun 08 (Work Trip, Hilton)
    1st Disneyland Hong Kong Trip - Dec 08
    1st Disneyland Trip - May 09
    1st Fan meet, Disneyland Paris - Dec 09
    40th Birthday Trip WDW - Jun 10 (Postponned)
    Christmas Trip WDW - Dec 10
    D23 Expo - Aug 11

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The remaining days have all been posted - everyone please go check out all the great items up for bid! eBay Seller: roll-aroundspaceshipearth: Disneyana, Collectibles items on eBay.com
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I love that puzzle!

GoofysGal15 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This was great Lou! I won 3 items that are now treasures in my collection! Thanks for this and hope we have some more!
    Laura
    A Pirates Life for Me!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I got snaked on the puzzle. Oh well, at least I helped push the price up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast