Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #46 - Dec. 23, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #46 for the week of December 23, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show #46 - Dec. 23, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #46 for the week of December 23, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once again and happy holidays!

This week's show will start off as always with some news from Walt Disney World, including a number of changes at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, new dining venues at the Magic Kingdom, Pirate and Princess Party dates and more. Our trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill talks about Imagination and Space Mountain.

Keeping in the holiday spirit, we'll take a detailed look at another of Walt Disney World’s Hidden Treasures, the Winter Summerland Miniature golf courses. Made up of two different experiences, it's an often overlooked gem of the resort that offers hours of inexpensive fun for everyone in the family.

Steve Barrett joins me once again to talk about some of Walt Disney World's best, newest and most controversial Hidden Mickeys and we talk about some that come out just for the holiday season.

I'll answer more of your emails, including questions about the Legend of the Lion King Show, breakfast at Epcot, characters in Epcot, watching the Super Bowl while at Walt Disney World and more.

So grab your eggnog, cozy up by the fire, sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BFee is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm so glad you had the chance to make it to the Winter Summerland golf course. I knew you would really enjoy it. I hope you kicked Jeff's butt. I think it's one of the most overlooked places on WDW property. It's one of those places where you can go and enjoy a quiet night because it is so far off the beaten path. My favorite is the summer course because of some of the hidden practical jokes that they play on you. Anyway, great show as usual.

Why do I have the feeling there's not talk about ME this week???

One of the trips I'm going to go mini golfing there. I'm really bad at golfing so I'm sure it would be fun.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week lou.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would absolutely pay money (especially for charity) to see Lou and Jeff, Bryan and Jonathan, and Matt, Mike, Mike, and Len compete in a Miniature Golf tournament. :-)

SciFi96 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Why not open it up a tournament to everyone. Hold it at next years Mousefest. Charge $20, that way $10 goes to charity. The winner gets some sort of prize package.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The show was great! I always love going to Winter Summerland. But I never knew the back story about it. Now I want to go back to check it all out. I think that a golf tournament would be really fun! With special prizes if you get a hole in one!

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    What a great show Lou, it certainly got me in the holiday spirit when I originally listened to this right before Christmas. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas, and I wish the best in success for you. Here's to another great year of the WDW Radio Show! Keep it up Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Awesome show, Lou! I'm really finding that I'm starting to get to "know" all of your comrades. The show is so addicting!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thank you all SO much! Hope you like what I have planned for you this week!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Hey Lou,
    Just wanted to let you know that ironically I was planning to spend some time with my girlfriend in Disney World after a friends wedding. My plan was actually to go play miniature golf and when I listened to the program it was great timing for me. I decided on wintersummerland and it was fantastic. Keep up the great work and making the magic come alive for us.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08