Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss What other podcasts do you listen to? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Of course Lou is at the top of the list, but I would like to know what other podcasts (maybe even non-Disney, or non-themepark) do you listen to?...
    SciFi96 is offline A-Ticket holder

What other podcasts do you listen to?

Of course Lou is at the top of the list, but I would like to know what other podcasts (maybe even non-Disney, or non-themepark) do you listen to?

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Of course I listen to Lou...oh Lou...but I also listen to -

Meandering Mouse
    WDW Today
    Window to the Magic
    Mice Cast
    All About the Mouse
    Imagineering My Way
    The Mickey Room
    Trapped on Vacation

I watch -

Beyond Main Street
    At the Main Street Cinema
    The Big D
    Bringing Disneyland Home

I'm sure I forgot someone....
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    WDW Today (I'm a traitor, I know) and All About the Mouse
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    WDW Today and every once and a while Mouseguest Weekly and Magical Definition
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    WDW Today- oh, Lou!!!!

MousePlanet
    Piglet Rules!!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I listen to the Monday and Friday episodes of WDW Today (not the Listener Email shows... they aggravate me), and I recently became an All About the Mousekateer, after hearing Lou's segment on the Adventurers' Club.

As for non-Disney, I listen to Pottercast - the Official Podcast of The Leaky Cauldron. .... though if they keep talking about the new Harry Potter land in Universal, I may have to drop them. Gotta get the priorities straight.
    Last edited by mritty; 12-28-2007 at 10:15 AM. Reason: adding non-Disney

torg0 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I listen to the Monday and Friday episodes of WDW Today (not the Listener Email shows... they aggravate me)
    LOL! I'd love to know why the Listener Email shows aggravate you?
    Last edited by torg0; 12-28-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I only listen to Lou. What is WDW Today?
    Last edited by nicki12; 12-28-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Typing

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    The only Disney ones I really listen to are WDW Radio and WDW Today, but Matt sometimes goes to far with his Lou bashing and it's getting on my nerves.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by torg0 View Post
    LOL! I'd love to know why the Listener Email shows aggravate you?
    A couple reasons. First and foremost is the now-running-joke of how they don't answer questions on time to be of any use to the person asking it. I understand how swamped they are, and that's fine. But there comes a point where you're answering a question that has no reason to be answered any longer, and are therefore taking up the time with which a question could be answered that would be helpful. It would make a lot more sense to me if they just sent out a bulk response to everyone whose question is in the past saying "Sorry we couldn't help you - hope you enjoyed your trip", and then start answering questions that actually can help someone.

The second reason is the number of times they give information that's just flat out wrong. When I, who only started going to WDW in 2004, immediately know that something they say is incorrect, there's something wrong. Please don't misunderstand me - I have great respect for all four of them, and I'm absolutely sure they deserve the moniker of "expert", but they don't know everything. And it annoys me when I hear them say, for example, "You should take a bus from Downtown Disney to the TTC", when, of course, there is no such bus. That's one example out of many. The other that comes to mind immediately is when someone asks if it'd be more cost effective for them to buy the park hopper option or just use an extra day off their base ticket. They went on for a good 5 minutes weighing the pros and cons before someone (I think Scopa) said "Hey, I don't think that's actually possible....". There's nothing wrong with not knowing an answer, and admitting to it. It just sounds like fairly often when they don't know, they guess, but present their guess as fact. THat's hurtful to the vacation experience of the listener who asked the question.

.... okay, that was a longer rant than I intended. Again, I do listen to WDW Today, and I do like all four of them..... please don't think I'm a WDWToday-hater....

Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    I only listen to Lou. What is WDW Today?
    WDW Today - Give us 5 minutes and we will give you the World. It's a 3x/week podcast (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) featuring four well-known names of the Disney Community - Len Testa (co-author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World), Mike Scopa (of mouseplanet.com and allears.net), Mike Newell (of mouseworldradio.com), and Matt Hotchburg (late of mgmstudios.org, now of studioscentral.com). Each episode is about 20 minutes long. The Monday and Friday episodes each focus on one specific aspect of WDW - Mousefest, the Christmas Party, best month to go, best ticket options, what to do outside the parks, etc). The Wednesday episode is a Listener Email show in which they answer questions and respond to comments emailed in by their listeners.

It's definitely worth a listen if you've never heard it before. I know Matt and Scopa have both been guests on Lou's show a few times in the past.... I think maybe Len has too, but I don't remember hearing Mike Newell before.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    Thanks I will surely check it out since it is shorter than Lou's podcasts(not like that is a bad thing).

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

torg0 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow.....

Where to begin....

Ok, first I understand the thing about the questions being old, and the running joke. But keep in mind, although a particular question has been asked by someone who may have returned from their trip, that answer may be helpful to someone else planning a future trip. If we answer a question about MNSSHP tomorrow, it may not help the original person that asked about it in October, but may help a different person who is thinking or planning a trip next year. Yes, we are hit hard with questions, and we won't delete questions just because they are old. Everyone who writes us, deserves an answer.

As far as the bus fiasco goes, we also said that there was a bus from Yacht/Beach to the main entrance of Epcot, which there is not. And we heard about it from readers,and listeners and made the correction on the next show.

No, we don't know everything there is to know about WDW. We don't claim to know it all. Nobody does...(sorry Lou), it's too complex a place to know every single thing there is. That's why we learn so much about it on every trip.

And we're the first to admit a mistake, and encourage anyone to call us out on our mistakes, and we'll make those corrections. Especially if it helps out Len with the Unofficial Guide.

I don't think you're a "hater", just very informed. Which is good.

And for the record, I'm the lone holdout for appearing on the WDW Radio Show.

My agent just won't allow it

Thanks for listening

Mike
    Last edited by torg0; 12-28-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typos

...... I was wondering if I might be talking to one of the quartet.... didn't recognize the username though. :-)

I completely understand everything you said, and agree with at least most of it. It just doesn't change the fact that I've more than once rolled my eyes at something while listening to a Wednesday show and therefore almost driven off the side of the road. :-) Which is why I now stick to the Monday and Friday episodes. . .

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Haha! I had a feeling that was Mike! Welcome to the Boards!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast