Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #48 - Jan. 6, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #48 for the week of January 6, 2008 . Thank you for tuning in ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #48 - Jan. 6, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #48 for the week of January 6, 2008. Thank you for tuning in once again, and I want to wish you all a very happy new year.

We’re going to start off 2008 just as we did in 2007, with Walt Disney World news, and a wild visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill. In addition to talking about some updated rumors, I’m going to take this opportunity to kick off the New Year with some of the very wild rumors I’ve been hearing about. Will they all come true? Probably not. But it will be fun to talk about them and speculate as to what the future may hold.

In my continuing effort to introduce you to not only some of WDW’s hidden treasures, history, trivia, reviews and vacation planning advice, I also want to open your eyes to some of its overlooked experiences. This week, I have something special for you, as my special guest, Dr. Anne Savage from Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Wildlife Tracking Center joins me to talk about the amazing work that is taking place onstage and backstage, and how you can get involved at the park and when you get home. It’s a fascinating look at the amazing conservation and research efforts that Disney undertakes each and every day.

I will also answer a number of your emails in our Listener Feedback section this week, and play some of your voicemails at the end of the show.

So as always, sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Elvin is offline A-Ticket holder
    OK, I love the shows. They are usually the highlight of my Monday morning commute, but today it just made me depressed :-(

Not sure if it's because I am still recovering from my post Disney/post holiday blues, but the extended rumors section seem to ruin my morning. The lack of anything exciting coming to the parks other than the stuff already announced is depressing. Even more disheartening is the rumor of project H and and exclusive separate theme park (similar to Discovery Cove @ Seaworld is not anything I hope Disney actually does. A separate park with limit hours and admissions (plus a $300 per person price tag) would not fit in with the current Disney parks regardless of themes. Part of the magic for me is having this huge world to openly explore. I can go to on type of park in the morning and a get a totally different experience in the afternoon by simply hoping on the Monorail. I think Disney is already splintering the experience a bit by having so many hard ticketed events, and this would only make it worst. I love the park and the company but this sounds like another ploy to bleed more money out of guest. Yes I know like anything else we have the choice not to pay it an go, but it seems that Disney each year is charging more and more for tickets, hotels, meals...etc and adding additional things that are not included in these costs and which guests have to pay an additional charge.

I hope is just a wild rumor and that it is not true :-(

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I didn't find it depressing as I really didn't expect many changes to WDW in the near to intermediate future given the focus on transforming California Adventure. The plans for CA seem very detailed, expensive and will probably require a great deal of manpower. I think WDW is fine the way it is for now. We've just gone through a pretty big bout of refurbs and we have Toy Story Mania opening soon and that will be fine with me for a while.

If California Adventure is done right, it will be a destination unto itself and that park truly deserves to be lifted up and done right! I really can't express my gratitude to John Lasseter enough for seeing the potential behind this park and wanting to make it what it deserves to be!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I wasn't that upset or excited about the rumor section of the broadcast. I do think it's fun to toss these ideas out so we can come back in 12 months and laugh about what we expected to happen.

I was really fascinated with the interview with Dr. Savage. Learning more about the research that is being done in AK only peaked my interest to hear about other areas of conservation and animal habits that are a big part of the AK program. Kudos to Lou for arranging the interview. Dr. Savage was informative and entertaining. She obviously loves her job and it came across in the interview.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Dr. Anne Savage from Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Wildlife Tracking Center was really interesting. Great interview

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post
    I didn't find it depressing as I really didn't expect many changes to WDW in the near to intermediate future given the focus on transforming California Adventure. The plans for CA seem very detailed, expensive and will probably require a great deal of manpower.
    I totally agree.
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Dr. Savage was great. I really LOVE animal kingdom. Can't wait to go back to Rafiki's Planet watch now! This was great...Hey Lou-I have a friend that works with the tigers at AK. They are "my girls" Any chance you might be able to talk with a tiger handler? Would love more inside info.

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl View Post
    Dr. Anne Savage from Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Wildlife Tracking Center was really interesting. Great interview
    OMG....could she have sounded anymore like she was reading from a list of talking points? I also heard more about animal husbandry and the reproductive process of animals than I ever care to know. All I kept yelling at my iPod, "TOOOOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!"

I found the "Rumor Mill" section very refreshing...I loved Lou giving his honest opinion on the validity of the reported rumors.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Lou answered my question first!!! I was so excited I broke out in a dance. Man that is a frightening image too! Thanks Lou!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for inviting Dr. Savage on the show, Lou. I have always felt that the AK is a full day park, and interviews like that help to prove it.

Great show! We are really getting excited to be there in a couple of weeks!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I t was a great show, Lou, but I think you need to upload it again.

The segment with Jeff Pepper was missing.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The interview with Dr Savage was very interesting. I have been back to Conservation station a few times, and it is very interesting. There is always something new to see there. Seems like the train ride discourages people from going there at times. Now I want to take the Backstage Safari Tour!

dkcarter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wilderness Lodge music MouseSavers has a great page. Just search lodge music on Mary's site.

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dkcarter View Post
    Wilderness Lodge music MouseSavers has a great page. Just search lodge music on Mary's site.
    Yes...I've downloaded it from iTunes. It is great...

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

GeoMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by biblioadonis View Post
    I t was a great show, Lou, but I think you need to upload it again.

The segment with Jeff Pepper was missing.
    He was busy creating logos.....and a map. Stay tuned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast