Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss I'm finally caught up! in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I got hooked on the podcasts a bit late, and as such had some catching up to do, especially considering the length of Lou's shows (no complaints, however). So since ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

I'm finally caught up!

I got hooked on the podcasts a bit late, and as such had some catching up to do, especially considering the length of Lou's shows (no complaints, however). So since somewhere around early summer, I've been listening to the shows as often as possible, starting back with episode number 1 and trying to catch up to the current show (I hate going out of order or skipping around, for fear I might miss something and be lost). The problem was, I could almost never listen, because I don't own an iPod or any other portable mp3 playing device for that matter, so I was limited to the time I spent sitting at my desk (which really isn't often these days).

But In late July I got a new car stereo that lets me play music through a USB device, and so I started copying the shows onto a thumb drive and listening to the shows in 10-15 minute segments while traveling to and from work and school. It was slow progress, but I was averaging almost 2 shows per week, and even more than that if I made the hour and a half drive into Disney during the course of that week. But still, it seemed a daunting and never ending task.

But then in late December I drove home from Florida to Connecticut for the holidays, and before I left, I stripped almost all my other music off of my 2 Gig thumb drive and loaded it up with all of the remaining WDW Radio shows... 12 hours worth actually, and hit the road out of Daytona Beach with Lou yapping away in my ears. I was still listening to Lou (and the rest of the gang from the MouseFest recap) as I was stuck in traffic on the Capitol Beltway around D.C.

And then suddenly... I was out of shows! I was like... "Can this really be? Did I really catch up?"

But then of course I was home for two weeks, and in that time did not download the two shows that came out in that time. And seeing as my girlfriend traveled with me on my drive back down, she got to control the stereo, which meant no podcasts for me on the return trip. So as soon as I dropped her butt off at MCO last Monday for her flight back home, I went right back to downloading and listening to my WDW Radio Show podcasts. And as of just two days ago... I'm caught up again, and eagerly awaiting the next episode! It's actually kind of funny, as I got this new stereo for my car so I wouldn't have to use a CD-cassette adapter anymore to listen to music in my car (which came with a cassette deck). But thanks to your show, I've barely listened to any music at all on it!

You've got a great show Lou. Thanks for putting it together every week, as it's always good for a laugh - even if I have to laugh at myself for how and when I listen to it. This past week I found myself awkwardly rolling up my windows as I drove through campus because I was getting funny looks from people walking by who found it odd that I was listening to a discussion on elephant poop. And see? Now that I'm caught up, I can actually participate without digging up old topics from 3 or 4 months ago. Keep them coming. I just wish I had been a listener from the start. Then I wouldn't have had to have played catch-up for the past 6 months or so! As much as I do love the show, I think maybe I overdid it a bit with 12 hours of it in one sitting. But then again, it was a 20 hour drive straight through, and I needed something to keep my mind off the endless road that is I-95 ("...white stripe, white stripe, white stripe...").
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    And there you have it......the reason why we are forced to hide away on this forum...the rest of the world thinks we are , but I too love the podcasts and I am sure we all understand!!!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Both posts explain why I was going through pod cast withdrawal over the holidays. Yes, i could have listened to them on the computer, but it's hard to "just sit" and listen instead of listening while accomplishing something else. i wouldn't consider just listening as a waste of time, however. I'm just used to multi-tasking while doing it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That is so funny. I have never listened to a podcast. First of all, I don't quite know how, and second of all, I am scared I'll get slurped in and never escape- much like you just did Don!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Wink

Don - I beg of you, while all the podcasts are fresh in your head, please transcribe for me a summary of all main feature discussions, restaurant reviews, and any and all trivia. I've been suffering from withdrawal since mid-October. And HURRY - I leave for The World in 3 days!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    That is so funny. I have never listened to a podcast. First of all, I don't quite know how, and second of all, I am scared I'll get slurped in and never escape- much like you just did Don!
    Oh, you really need to join in on the fun. It makes Monday a day to anticipate rather than dread.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thanks, Don for spending so much time catching up - I hope it was worth it (even I laugh when I hear talk about the elephant poop again) LOL
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42