Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #50 - Jan. 20, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #50 for the week of January 20, 2008 . Thank you for tuning in ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #50 - Jan. 20, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #50 for the week of January 20, 2008. Thank you for tuning in again this week.

With not a lot of Walt Disney World News to report this week, we'll jump right in to a visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, where we'll talk about what’s going on (and up) at Disney's Contemporary Resort, more updates on the rumor of handheld devices in the parks, possible changes going on throughout the resort property-wide and more.

After that, it's all about the recent Walt Disney World Half Marathon, as I invite Mike Scopa and Bryan Ripper to join me in a roundtable recap of the weekend's events. It’s a fun look back at an exciting weekend for both runners and spectators alike, and offers some great tips for people who may be considering running next year.

Afterwards, Eric Hollister joins me as we not only announce the winner of the 13th and final mile marker challenge, but the Grand Prize and winner as well. We also look back at what was a fun contest that gave back to the community and touched the lives of many people in a number of different ways.

We'll have time to play a few of your voicemails, and will answer many more of your emails next week.

So sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    can't wait Lou, i'm downloading it now.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou congratualations on finishing the race.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I haven't completed the whole podcast yet, but I enjoyed hearing about the preparations in the days and hours before the race. I'm not a runner, but I thought maybe if I started training now, I'd be ready for next year. The hours of waiting around before the race starts would probably do me in. I'd be just too nervous. I'll work toward being a race volunteer.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I loved it! I got me even more excited about doing it next year.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou as always. Also, congrats on 50 shows! Congrats to you and everyone else who competed in the WDW Half-Marathon and any other incarnation of the marathon. It was great listening to the roundtable to know the experiences with running it. Well, congrats once again and wear your medal with pride.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

BFee is offline A-Ticket holder
    As always, great show Lou! I think it was a great recap to the whole weekend.

If anyone was interested in seeing the pictures from Lou's Saturday marathon meet. I have posted them on my site magicalaperture.com.

OOOOO-shameless plug-good one Brian.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome show. Hearing a roundtable with representatives from my three favorite podcasts was wonderful. I listened to it while I was on the treadmill. Very encouraging. :-)

BFee is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oops, how did that get in there?

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    OOOOO-shameless plug-good one Brian.

abramdf is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, congratulations on your successful run! I was at the meet after the race and I'd say you, Mike, and Bryan looked great, well-rested, and ready to go for a brisk walk of at least a few feet ! I was one of the thousands that ran the marathon, but I must say based on the discussion on the podcast that the three of you make a compelling case to try the half next year (or, possibly the Goofy Challenge?). I'm still debating. There's nothing like coming out the Magic Kingdom and running towards Animal Kingdom, knowing you're half-way through the race AND realizing you've run 13.1 miles already! The thought of running 13.1 miles and actually being done with the race holds some appeal. But, in all honesty, I like the Mickey medal better than the Donald medal (and that Goofy medal is awfully appealing!).

Based on what I heard through the podcast (and through the podcasts over the months you trained), it sounds to me like you've been bitten by the bug. I wouldn't be surprised to hear your annoucement in a future podcast that you've registered once again for the half or even, dare I say, the full marathon?!?!

I'd like to thank you, Mike, and Bryan for helping me recapture the feeling I had race weekend and helping me realize that I really enjoy running the races at Disney (I've done 3 10K races over the years and this was my 2nd marathon).

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Awesome episode Lou, Eric, Brian, and Mike.

GeoMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Thank You All

I just want to take this time to once again say thank you to everyone out there in WDW Radio World who participated in some way, shape, or form in the WDW Radio Half Marathon Challenge. To all of our winners, congratulations! It was also very entertaining for both Lou and myself to go over all of those great names that people submitted over the past few months. You all are wonderful people, and I thank you again for helping make this as successful, and as fun, as it was. It was an honor to help out with the DWT Dream Team Project.

I also want to give a special thank you to Jonathan Dichter (All About the Mouse Disney podcast), Mike Scopa (Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World and WDW Today), Matt Hochberg (Disney's Hollywood Studios Information and Guide - Attractions reviews photos discussion message boards and WDW Today), and Jeff Pepper (2719 HYPERION) for their assistance in creating several of our challenges. And finally, thank you to Lou Mongello who allowed me to come on every few weeks or so to have fun with this project.

To those of you who ran in the 2008 Full and Half Marathons, congratulations! And, for those of you already prepping for the 2009 Full and Half Marathons, I salute you. Good luck with your training.

Eric
    Last edited by GeoMouse; 01-23-2008 at 12:28 PM.

vanMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show Lou and Co. I loved the recap style and info. I ran in 2007 and it brought back a ton of great memories. Unfortunately Scopa is right (ha ha) though, we will never have that first time feeling again. However, there is always the thrill of running in parks in the pre-dawn hours as hundreds of people cheer you on that never gets old.

I do have to say a big THANK YOU to Eric from GeoMouse. You came up with a great idea and really followed through in a big way. Not sure you realized what you signed up for, but thanks for following through and keeping us all interesting and challenged throughout Lou's training.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    50th show!!! I love these kind of shows, when Lou has a roundtable discussion with other members of the Disney online community. Awesome job Lou, best Disney podcast out there! Just as Dr. Scopa inspired you to run in the half marathon, you have inspired me Lou, I'm thinking about training for an upcoming half marathon (2010 most likely! lol)
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast