Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Well Lou you've done it again in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Last year when I went to WDW I took Lou's advice and really paid attention to my surroundings. It made for a fun and enlightening trip. I saw things I ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Well Lou you've done it again

Last year when I went to WDW I took Lou's advice and really paid attention to my surroundings. It made for a fun and enlightening trip. I saw things I never knew were there. I've been a loyal listener ever since. In fact I don't think there's ever been one show that I would call boring. Now what has Lou done again, well after listening to this weeks podcast about the half marathon I've decided to take up running again. I've been looking for a reason to do so but I've hemmed and hawed about it. But now I've decided to start up again with the hope of one day making my way down to the half marathon. So Lou thanks again.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Last year when I went to WDW I took Lou's advice and really paid attention to my surroundings. It made for a fun and enlightening trip. I saw things I never knew were there. I've been a loyal listener ever since. In fact I don't think there's ever been one show that I would call boring.
    I just was telling something like this to Donnie's dad tonite. We were trying to convince them to drive north 1.5 hours to come join us at least for the one day we are not doing the parks but are planning on exploring AKL and WL in more depth then we have . Quote/unquote "It is such a drive just to see a hotel, we have been to Epcot (Xmas week mind you for all of 2 hours--not kidding) and went to Universal... EEEEK! " WELL, you havent been there with ME! I can point out stuff that most people miss thanks to tons of research both photo and written even tho I havent seen them in person myself yet. I let the "other park" word slide, too hard to explain the difference over the phone. I know what to look for to make it worth going to see.( I want to see some of these things myself-I have seen some but want more time to enjoy them)

His other comment after we told him that those 2 resorts had awesome lobbies. "We just dont want to be dissapointed after you build up the place and it is a let down" EEEEK! EEEEK! But until you have stepped into either of those places you have NO IDEA how fantastic they are.

Can ya tell they aren't part of our cult? :dizzy He did agree to come up after I blackmailed him into it. He wanted us to come down there on Saturday and sit at their house all day. NO DICE, we dont come down till you come up and enjoy some time with us at something we (your son, grand daughter and me--I am just me ) enjoy immensely. Some people just dont get it. SIGH He thot driving 3 hours round trip just to spend 8 hours or so somewhere was not worth it. UMMMM, we have to drive that distance just to go to a Disney Store. LOL And you will drive that far to volunteer for the Red Cross just to drop off some papers and literally turn right around and go back within 5 minutes.

Sorry, got off topic a bit, but the man is driving me nuts. I like the podcasts too but havent listened in forever.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Did you toss in a free dinner somewhere? Boy, you've got your job cut out getting these people to be impressed.

DAR - Congratulations on getting back into running. I never have enjoyed running, but Lou nearly had me convinced to take it up to do the 1/2 marathon. Of course he's sending mixed messages; usually Lou tells us to stop and look around at the details, but this time he says running through the parks is exciting.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Did you toss in a free dinner somewhere? Boy, you've got your job cut out getting these people to be impressed.

DAR - Congratulations on getting back into running. I never have enjoyed running, but Lou nearly had me convinced to take it up to do the 1/2 marathon. Of course he's sending mixed messages; usually Lou tells us to stop and look around at the details, but this time he says running through the parks is exciting.
    No, but apparently they want us to pay for a hotel room for them where we are staying. "Go ahead and book us/add a room to where you are at" ???????????????? I asked Donnie if they expected us to pay for it. He was wondering the same thing. Since I havent actually booked for us yet, I think I will just give them the number and let them go for it (not real crazy about them staying where we are---I will tell the desk to make sure to put them WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY down the other end of the other building...lol) Hey if they dont book, not my problem, I dont need distractions while packing up the car. LOL

Just for the record and in case anyone cares....VIXEN DOES NOT RUN! The tremors alone on the richter scale could cause major damage not to mention the upper front region of my torso bopping along like that could cause a man to go blind.

LOL @ the contridicting thing.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Congratulations on running, and completing, the wdw half marathon Lou!!

This week's podcast was sooo inspiring.. i had always thought about entering the marathon but wasn't sure i could manage it.. but listen to your discussions made me really think positively and i am now aiming for the 2010 half marathon!! i go to the gym regularly already, so will just need to push myself that bit harder to build my stamina up! lol

Lou I bet you have encouraged 1000s of listeners to run the wdw marathon now!

Thank you for producing such a magical podcast,

Barbie xxx

He's encouraged me to do it! And I better follow through or everyone here is going to laugh at me.

Thanks Lou for giving me that push I needed!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Go check out our brand new forum Disney's Wide World of Sports that can be found under the Miscellaneous Disney heading on the Forums Main Page.

In this new forum we can discuss health and fitness goals, training and Disney sponsored Sports events such as Marathon weekend, Race for the Taste, Tower of Terror 13K and other events.

Review and rate Spa and fitness facilities at WDW.

Share your vacation fitness tips.

Discuss and support one another's fitness regimen, diet and exercise goals!

Have Fun!!!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.....