Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #51 - Jan. 27, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #51 for the week of January 27, 2008. Unexpected circumstances have prevented me from ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #51 - Jan. 27, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #51 for the week of January 27, 2008.

Unexpected circumstances have prevented me from producing a regular show this week with a variety of segments. However, this is a great opportunity to answer many of your listener emails that cover a broad range of topics, so Jeff Pepper will join me as we answer your questions together.

Next week’s show will return to its regular format, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    In regard to the listener who emailed in about the Fantasmic! Dinner package, don't do it!! This is a pet peeve of mine, because the Fantasmic! Dinner package is a waste of time and money. If you're going during President's week, just go to the second showing of Fantasmic!. It will be far less crowded and the wait will be far less.

There is NEVER an instance where you need the package and besides, you get terrible seating. Lou described the seating as "off center" but it's in fact the last section all the way on the right. This means during the princess scenes, the music you hear does not line up with what float you are seeing. In addition, you can see backstage, which is a distraction for some people.

Keep in mind that even while on the Fantasmic! Dinner package, you still have to wait AT LEAST 30 minutes (you are required to show up at least 30 minutes before hand), so it's not like you can waltz on in 5 minutes before showtime and have a seat.

It feels good to get that off my chest

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Matt, you were coming across a little vague . . . are you saying you don't like the Fantasmic Dinner package?

Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yeah, Matt. Can you clarify your opinion? =)
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Another good show . . . it was nice to have a change of pace this week.

Let me second Jeff''s endorsement of the Yak and Yeti. We ate there on Thursday and it was outstanding. I ordered the Mahi Mahi encrusted with Japanese Pan Bread Crumbs . . . it was an incredibly large and meaty filet. The crust held up well, and it was angled into a nice, spicy sauce and served with Jasmine Rice. If you get a chance, try this great restaurant. It seems to be off the radar, since I was able to walk right in at 11 and move up from my 1:00 ADR. It was active, but not jammed. I can see this restaurant becoming as hard to reserve as Le Cellier some day! It has my vote for best restaurant within the parks.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I was apprehensive about this weeks show based on the intro, but it was as great as usual.
    I concur with everyone's assessment of Yak and Yeti. Good food and wonderful decor.
    I really wish there was some way to cut down on the amount of time that one has to wait to see Fantasmic. You have to get there so early.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really liked this weeks episode. I wouldn't mind if maybe every two months or so we go a show like this. Not that I don't love the regular format.

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great question about what you would want to restore in the World.

My answer came quick: the old Main Street like it used to be. Magic Shop. Penny Arcade. Specialty Shops.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

CyclingMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I completely agree with Matt, we tried the dinner package route one time and realized it was not the best approach. Spend those 30 minutes doing something fun instead of waiting.
    Producer of the Enhanced DSIs found in the WDW Radio download section

My Photos

bfrechette is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like the format for this week. It was nice to jump around from topic to topic. Jeff had my wife and I laughing over the comment of whether or not you should get an annual pass. We usually just get the annual pass, but we often find ourselves saying "I'd hate to have it go to waste. We should plan another trip this year, before they expire." It happens every year. Nice show.
    barry

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i actually enjoy the dinner package more. maybe thats just me, i guess
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Jeff,

I agree with you! Bring back the Animation Building. I went back last year and felt so sad...It's just a shell of it's former self.

Considering that animation is the cornerstone of Disney, it's really sad they don't have a better showcase for it at the parks. Since the Studios is no longer a 'working' studio, why not make it a 'living museum' to Disney animation.

I really miss it.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

DisneyMagic71 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I, too, agree with Matt. We have done the Fantasmic dinner package and were VERY disappointed when we saw the secton that is reserved. We have found that if there are 2 shows that night, go to the later one. You don't need to get there too early. As a matter of fact, we have arrived 1/2 hour before showtime & were able to get seats in the center.

I really enjoyed the show this week. Although I did miss the rumor mill. Hope everything is ok now. My first reaction to what would I bring back was also 20,000 Leagues. However, after reading the post about the original Main Street with all the original different shops, I would LOVE to see that return.

Thanks again, Lou for another good show. Thank you, too, Jeff. You are a real plus to the show. Can't wait till Sunday - no not for the super bowl - to download the next WDW Radio Show podcast!!!!

"Lou said........."
    DVC MEMBER!!!!
    I wish we'd never have to grow up! Off to NEVERLAND!!!!!!!
    Remember we must always believe in our wishes...they are the magic in the world!!!
    LOU SAID...............................
    Was at Magic Meets '07, '08 & '09 Had a MAGICAL time!
    First trip 9/72 Contemporary; '78,'80,'82'84,'85, '88,'90,'92,'94,'96,'98,'99,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08
    3/20/08 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge; 8/16/08 WDWWilderness Lodge

1/07/09 WDW MARATHON - Beach Club Villas

6/19/09 WDW Spur of the Moment Trip!! OKW,POFQ, & SS
    8/30/09 - 9/7/09 Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel -DH,DD & I - 5K DD did 1/2 Marathon - Coast to Coast!
    1/10 DD doing half marathon at WDW
    2/2011 - Cruisin' with Lou
    & all the great fans of WDW Radio 1st cruise

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I also agree about Yak and Yeti. It is my new favorite restaurant! Went there on Monday after the marathon. We got there right at 11:00 and got right in. We got the fried green beans, crunchy chicken with jasmine rice,pot stickers, and fried wontons with pineapple for dessert! Everything was so yummy, best dessert ever! And I love the decor there, it was fun to walk around to see everything. Our waiter said that the staircase was made in India and flown in! I can't wait to go back.

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

Cash needs

In reference to the one question about places that do not take plastic...I've found 2 in the past. The siloette portraits over in libery square is (or atleast was) an outside vendor and did not take plastic. I had to run over to city hall and charge some disney dollars to my room to pay them...and also, surprisingly, the barber shop on mainstreet (this was a year ago but Michael said they were working on it) also did not take plastic...again, another trip to city hall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast