Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Hey Lou! About those Marathon Socks... in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I was listening to the marathon show the other day and I had an (idea). You mentioned that Mike Scopa recommended a certain type of socks to wear for running ...
    SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder

Hey Lou! About those Marathon Socks...

I was listening to the marathon show the other day and I had an (idea). You mentioned that Mike Scopa recommended a certain type of socks to wear for running the 1/2 marathon and I wondered if those would be helpful for the long days we Disney geeks put in at the parks. Anything that might help prevent the dreaded Disney blisters sure would come in handy. I love my Crocs, but those socks sound pretty good too!

Sam
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

I'm not sure about blisters but I just bought socks to train in and they will wick away the moisture. Look for socks that don't have cotton in them that may help.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

SlpngBeauty is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I bought a pair of "moisture-wicking" socks where I bought my asics before my trip. I don't remember any blisters, but I heard it's good to always have a few little pieces of moleskin handy, too for hotspots.
    ...I SHOULD be in bed right now...
    ...but I like deh cookie
    **SUPER BIG DISNEY FAN**

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I wore mine on my trip in Jan. of this year and I have to say I wish I had them for all my trips.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

I'm definitely going to have those running socks on my list for my next trip to WDW in June! Maybe Lou or Mike S. can point me in the direction of "brands". Which works best, yadda yadda yadda...

I even get Blisters from my Crocs (on the top of my foot no less) from where they rub. I had been using Band-Aid's Blister Block, and it works well, but you need to reapply throughout the day. It would be great to have a pair of nice cool socks that help prevent blisters! And moleskin is the second best invention since sliced bread!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

BravesFan1036 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is probably a dumb answer, but when I was in high school (11 years ago) our football trainer taught us to always wear our regular socks inside-out! To this day I'm not sure why, but he was the trainer and I assumed he knew what he was talking about. I still go by his advice and always turn my socks inside-out! However, that could have something to do with the fact that I'm a complete dork.

I have Nike ones and Asics ones. I like them both.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love my Thorlos, but they are expensive. I wore them for the marathon, and they worked great for me!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Yes, these were some type of nylon material and made all the difference. I don't remember the name off-hand, but I saw similar ones by some of the big manufacturers like Nike, etc.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks Lou.

I have a trip planned for June and with the hotter temperatures that time of year, anything that can be done to make touring the park more comfortable is a must in my book!