Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss CMO - Disney Dream Job in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Lou: I just saw your CMO entry. Watch Candidate Submission Videos - Disney CMO presented by CareerBuilder.com - Live the Magic in 2008 - Disney CMO Just think, if you ...
    ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile CMO - Disney Dream Job

Lou:

I just saw your CMO entry.

Watch Candidate Submission Videos - Disney CMO presented by CareerBuilder.com - Live the Magic in 2008 - Disney CMO

Just think, if you win, you will actually have to go down to Disney World and won't have to use the old "research trip" excuse.

When does voting commence?

I couldn't think of a better person to become the first CMO.

Good luck!

ajc

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcinbrla View Post

ajc
    I agree. I know quite a few people on this and other Disney forums applied for the job, but if people couldn't vote for themselves, I think they would all have to throw their full support behind Lou. Sure, it's a Dream Job for many but Lou just seems to be clearly the most qualified for the position. He's been performing the duities (with his web site, podcast, Mouse Fest, his charity work) for a while now. I would hope that when push comes to shove, the other applicants won't become like the Pirate Lords who always vote for themselves. I hope they can look at who really deserves the honor.

Go Lou!
    Dreams Never Die!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder

Talking

Lou, like the others stated above, I really can't think of any one who deserves this honor more than you. You fit that CMO position to a tee!

I can't wait for the voting to start!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou is totally going to have my vote. Good luck, buddy!!
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcinbrla View Post
    Lou:

When does voting commence?

Good luck!

ajc
    The voting begins on March 2nd

Let's all support our favorite Author, Podcaster, Disney Family Man and Friend!

You had my vote 4 1/2 years ago when no one knew your name, you still have it, my friend!

Go get 'em Lou!!!!

:
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou For President!!! And CMO!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Lou for " Chief Magic Official ". Thats a " no brainer " for me!!! No offense to any of you other folks that applied!
    Like I had posted earlier on another thread, you WILL get that window on Main Street USA one day!!!!
    Here's to you, buddy!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

DisneyMagic71 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    There's NO ONE more qualified than Lou, other then maybe Mickey himself, for the CMO job. This is our chance to give back to Lou all the joy and magic he gives to all of us. Let's all make sure we start voting on March 2 for Lou.
    DVC MEMBER!!!!
    I wish we'd never have to grow up! Off to NEVERLAND!!!!!!!
    Remember we must always believe in our wishes...they are the magic in the world!!!
    LOU SAID...............................
    Was at Magic Meets '07, '08 & '09 Had a MAGICAL time!
    First trip 9/72 Contemporary; '78,'80,'82'84,'85, '88,'90,'92,'94,'96,'98,'99,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08
    3/20/08 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge; 8/16/08 WDWWilderness Lodge

1/07/09 WDW MARATHON - Beach Club Villas

6/19/09 WDW Spur of the Moment Trip!! OKW,POFQ, & SS
    8/30/09 - 9/7/09 Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel -DH,DD & I - 5K DD did 1/2 Marathon - Coast to Coast!
    1/10 DD doing half marathon at WDW
    2/2011 - Cruisin' with Lou
    & all the great fans of WDW Radio 1st cruise

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Before we can vote for him, we have to all send psychic vibes to the judges responsible for choosing the top 10 videos that they will allow us to vote on.
    "PickLouPickLouPickLouPickLou"

Use the force, everyone!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know Lou is being modest and not posting. However, I'd like to know from him, what we can do to assist him in getting in the top 10? Other than the aforementioned, Jedi mind tricks....

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Oh wow... you guys are way too kind. Thank you!

I wasn’t even sure that the video made it up. I had been sick in bed with some type of nasty flu since that Friday, so my hopes of working on the video all weekend went up in flames. So Sunday afternoon, with a 104 fever, the shakes and a migraine the size of Texas in hand, I tried to put together a video. That was the result. Wasn’t happy with it (still not), but hey… So I try and start uploading it around 8 p.m…. and it fails (times out).. try again. Nope. Long story short… kept trying until 12:45 a.m. and I was literally delirious at that point, so I just left the laptop at the edge of the bed and figured it was a lost cause. How it eventually got through I have no idea. (darn thing was 2.9 megs, and should have taken 10 seconds to upload. When I fell asleep, it was at 1% and it said that it had 3 hours left). Guess I wasn’t the only one waiting until the last minute to crush their servers.

I wanted to do more with it but couldn’t and while some of the very early videos were downright wacky, some of the more recent ones are VERY creative and funny without being hokey, and I think there’s a few that really stand out.

I really want to thank all of you for your support, although I'm not holding out all that much hope of making the first round of cuts this week. But hey, if I can bring a little bit of "magic" to you guys here on the site and with the show, then that's good enough for me!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think that Disney will be letting the final 10 know on 2/7. Good luck, Lou! If you hear and are allowed to tell us, please do so!!
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou, your modesty is admirable and while yes you bring magic to us through your books and podcast, just think about the children you've helped and the great memories you helped those families make. We'll do our best to get you through the first cut!

My DH & I both watched your video and thought it was pretty good. You got your point across really fast, you were clear and concise... and DH thought it was a hoot that you talked with your hands. He's Italian too, he understands!
    Last edited by SamIAm717; 02-06-2008 at 03:46 PM.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    I really want to thank all of you for your support, although I'm not holding out all that much hope of making the first round of cuts this week. But hey, if I can bring a little bit of "magic" to you guys here on the site and with the show, then that's good enough for me!

Love your modesty, but if you don't make the first round it will be a bigger mistake than any of the recent Oscar snubs.
    Dreams Never Die!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou -- good luck - your video was just fine.

I understand Disney has started notifying the top 20, so let's hope our fearless leader gets a call!

(and me too!!!)
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast