Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #53 - Feb. 10, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; This show may be my all time favorite....a report on the Magical Connections device and an interview with Samantha Brown. Magical Connections sounds more cool than when I first heard ...
    TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    This show may be my all time favorite....a report on the Magical Connections device and an interview with Samantha Brown.

Magical Connections sounds more cool than when I first heard about it. The wait times and FP times makes it so worth it to me...just on that.

Lou, you did a great job with the interview with Samantha Brown...though how did you avoid getting all gushy?

I can't wait until her new Disney show comes out.

Your new project sounds great Lou....I love the idea.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

MouseTrainer is offline A-Ticket holder

Minnie Talks Tech

Lou,

Liked the report from "Minnie" this week. Very interesting.

I did have a concern though. Minnie had signed a "non-disclosure" agreement and then went on to disclose (if I understood her comments correctly). Just because she didn't reveal her real name didn't eliviate the terms of her test. Don't know if anyone else has the same ethical concern but just wanted to put it out there. Seems like we encourage that type of behavior by airing the segment and perhaps close the window for Disney to have open testing.

Thanks for all you do.

castmember is offline A-Ticket holder
    Heard the show over the weekend (while doing the chores!) and it was great. Although Samantha Brown isn't very well known here in the UK, I did have the chance to catch lots of her shows a few years ago when I spent a lot of time in MExico and was watching lots of the Travel CHannel, so the interview was very interesting.

I must say that the review and description of the Playhouse Disney show sounds amazing and hearing the description almost made burst with tears as I know my son would just LOVE IT. Shame we can't get to WDW at all in the near future... as I've just been for the marathon and transatlantic flights are not cheap.

I also love the calendar and needless to say will have to get one - any ideas if it will be available to buy here in the UK?
    Claudia

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    I know I'm a little late commenting on this, but another great show Lou. Big congratulations on one year of the WDW Radio Show!

Your interview with Samantha Brown was really entertaining, it great to see her talk on a more personal perspective. It's also good she at least has an idea how much us here in the Disney community really like her! Also, looking forward to seeing your new Disney Trivia Calendar. Congrats on making that happen! Once again, great show Lou and happy one year anniversary of WDW Radio.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Samantha Brown is my girl. I am uber obsessed with her show(s). I had an aneurism when I saw that she was going to be on your show.
    RYAN

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Happy Anniversary! I never miss a show and wait for the download on Sundays! Also LOVE Samantha Brown!!! Thanks Lou for another awesome show!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

soccermouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy Ethics

Quote Originally Posted by MouseTrainer View Post
    Lou,

Liked the report from "Minnie" this week. Very interesting.

I did have a concern though. Minnie had signed a "non-disclosure" agreement and then went on to disclose (if I understood her comments correctly). Just because she didn't reveal her real name didn't eliviate the terms of her test. Don't know if anyone else has the same ethical concern but just wanted to put it out there. Seems like we encourage that type of behavior by airing the segment and perhaps close the window for Disney to have open testing.

Thanks for all you do.
    As always, I love the show and have appreciated quick answers to my questions. However, I had the exact same thought. I am glad to see that there are others that are also concerned about ethics. I make the instruction of ethics an important part of my teaching in junior high; be it intellectual property OR illegal downloading OR pirating of music and games OR just keeping our word. We adults need to set the example.
    Last edited by soccermouse; 03-05-2008 at 12:14 AM.

soccermouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by soccermouse View Post
    As always, I love the show and have appreciated quick answers to my questions. However, I had the exact same thought. I am glad to see that there are others that are also concerned about ethics. I make the instruction of ethics an important part of my teaching in junior high; be it intellectual property OR illegal downloading OR pirating of music and games OR just keeping our word. We adults need to set the example.

I listened to the Podcast again today and I am still bothered by Minnie's disregard for the agreement she signed. I am also surprised that more listeners have not commented.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123