Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #53 - Feb. 10, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #53 for the week of February 10, 2008. I’m your host Lou Mongello, and ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #53 - Feb. 10, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #53 for the week of February 10, 2008. I’m your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week we celebrate the one-year anniversary of the WDW Radio Show. Although I’ve been podcasting since 2005, this past week marked the first anniversary of this show, and I want to take a moment to thank all of you for your support and for listening over the past year. It’s been an incredible, amazing journey, and I believe that things will only continue to get bigger and better.

In fact, I have to tell you that I am more excited about this week’s show than I may have ever been, in large part due to my very special guest.

Joining me this week in an exclusive interview is Samantha Brown, host of a number of popular series on the Travel Channel, including a number of specials all about Walt Disney World. She has explored some of the finest resorts on property, as well as the incredible experiences that Guests can enjoy during one of the most magical of seasons. My conversation with Samantha will talk about her work on the Disney park and resorts specials, including the most recent Holidays at Walt Disney World, and she reveals what’s next for her and the Travel Channel as she continues to entertain us with her travels to and exploration of the Disney resorts. Being a long time fan of her work, this interview was not only fun and exciting to do, but one that I think you’re really going to enjoy.

In this week’s Walt Disney World News, we’ll cover some of the latest news, including announcing the Star Wars weekend dates for 2008, and I reveal the new live, interactive and high-energy attraction that’s coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Let’s just say that if you ever wanted to be a star and were looking for your big break, here’s your chance!

The Walt Disney World Rumor Mill for this week has a number of big stories, including an Epcot pavilion possibly losing a sponsor, a rumored new attraction based on a Disney film that just might surprise you, and a very big, semi-confirmed rumor about not just demolition, but more importantly new construction at one of Walt Disney World’s resorts. This one could be big, so stay tuned. With the recent re-opening of the attraction,

I’ll also have a full review of the updated Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, courtesy of a listener.

Speaking of new things coming to Walt Disney World, I’ll also speak with another listener who gives a first-hand, detailed review of Disney’s Magical Connection, the handheld device currently being tested in the Magic Kingdom. You can learn not only about what the device does and how it works, but hear from a Guest just what they think of the device and technology.

And as part of this anniversary show, I will also announce the new project I’ve been working on and alluding to for some time now. It’s going to be released soon, and I wanted to give you the first glimpse at what I have planned. It’s something I’m really excited about, and hope that you’ll enjoy.

I won't have time for your emails this week, but as always, stay tuned for the end of the show, where I play a number of your voicemails. So sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Listening to it right now! Had to fast forward to the interview with Samantha Brown.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Awesome show Lou!!! Like watching Samantha Brown on tv.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    LOVE! the calandar idea!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Listening to it right now!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOU!!!!!

It's been a great year and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this year!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Happy Anniversary!!!

I checked out the show notes but can't listen until tomorrow on my drive to Galena

I already know from looking at the show notes that I've gotta have at least a dozen of those calendars, one for my office at work, once for my office at home...the rest as gifts for fellow Disney geeks.

Lou, thanx again for all you do each and every week!!!

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder
    Happy Anniversary Lou!!!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Loved It - LOVED IT! - LOVED IT!!!!!!

Now I can play a Kevin Bacon type of game where I met you and you talked to Samantha Brown - WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    You are so LUCKY Lou! GREAT Interview!

We stayed up late just to finish listening!

Keep up the FANTASTIC job!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

You were right--you knocked my socks off!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Happy Anniversary!

disneyfreak914 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Happy Anniversary! I am definitely getting that calendar.
    Last edited by disneyfreak914; 02-11-2008 at 01:18 PM.

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary.

Keep up the good work Lou.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show so far Lou. I just wanted to note that you can buy that foamy covering for a Nintendo DS and it is made by Nerf! "Santa" brought my daughter a Nerf Armor covering for her DS this Christmas. It's really awesome protection for those days when the game gets intense and butter fingers sets in. I hope I can check out one of those DS units at WDW this summer!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Samantha Brown??? YAY!!! I haven't had a chance to listen to the show yet (it's downloading now), but I predict that this will be my all-time favorite episode of the WDW Radio show!! Thanks and happy anniversary, Lou!!
    Last edited by yensid1071; 02-11-2008 at 12:59 PM.
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    First, Happy Anniversary WDW Radio! It's been a year filled with great pod casts and terriffic interviews.

I haven't listened to this weekend show yet, but I looked at the show notes. I'm going to have to have that calendar.

I didn't see the "i'm going to Disney World" clip till I saw the show notes. Funny part is, he was supposed to go to Disneyland, and then some type of problem with the flight prevented Manning from even going at all.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast