Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #54 - Feb. 17, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #54 for the week of February 17, 2008. In this week’s Walt Disney World ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #54 - Feb. 17, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #54 for the week of February 17, 2008.

In this week’s Walt Disney World News, I’ll look at a dining change in World Showcase, updates on the Backlot Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, new special events coming to Pleasure Island, and a very special event that is the first of its kind at Walt Disney World that will offer a truly unique experience in many ways.

For the next in my Legends of Disney Imagineering interview series, I thought that with the recent name change of the Disney-MGM Studios to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and new direction it is taking in its entertainment offerings, I wanted to have someone come on the show who could speak authoritatively as to the genesis and growth of the park. So I decided that who better to come on the show and talk about this than the man who literally put pen to paper and designed the original concept drawing for the Disney-MGM Studios. He is former Walt Disney Imagineering designer; artist; show creator and so much more, Tim Kirk. He will join me to discuss the history of the Studios, his work on helping form not only the original concept for the park, but his work on some of its premier attractions such as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, The Great Movie Ride, MuppetVision 3D, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and countless others. It is a unique, first-hand look at the creation of the theme park and its signature attractions.

I’ll also have time to answer some more of your emails this week, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

coconut wireles is offline B-Ticket Holder
    After being to Tokyo, hearing Tim Kirk talk about his contributions is neat. Their ToT is very cool, have you shoulder strap in and isn't quite as fast with the ups and downs. The detail of the building with the lighting strikes and the back story are incredible.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! Your interview with Tim Kirk was really great to hear, he has quite an impressive resume with Imagineering. Again, great show this week! Keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Like always, Great show! Loved the interview with Tim Kirk.

Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle? I'll have to take a trip up there some weekend and check it out (since I have been working in Oregon for the past 8 months)

Question? During your interiview some of the background music used is from the musical 'Oklahoma', where is that music used in the Disney Parks? (I am assuming Disney Hollywood Studios.....but ??)

Thanks and looking forward as always to your next show!

coolcat712 is offline A-Ticket holder
    That is so cool about the race. I tried to get my family to go, but that won't be happening. I love all the hidden details in MGM. I think it is amazing how Tim Kirk added those.

welovethemouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Love the show and I look forward to it every week!

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Another great show! The Tim Kirk interview was very interesting. Keep up the great work, Lou!
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just love the shows with the Disney Legends! Another great show!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Lou, do you plan to interview more of the "lesser-known" Imagineers for future installments of your Legends of Disney Imagineering interview series?

One obscure former Imagineer that I think you should try to get a hold of for interviews is Jeff Burke.