Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss River Country - What would YOU do? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Originally Posted by albino_pygmy I've never been to any of the waterparks at Disney, so I wouldn't know how River Country was laid out or big it is. However, I ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    I've never been to any of the waterparks at Disney, so I wouldn't know how River Country was laid out or big it is. However, I do have an idea that might work out, and help with some big mistake that's been terrorizing tomorrowland for several years. If you're thinking something Stitch themed, you're right. I was thinking how about a Hawaiian themed water park with several aliens hiding in bushes, or in plain sight with some horrible disguise in a bad attempt to blend in with "tourists." Several slides could have some advanced alien technological theming with them, such as an alien ship that has crash landed and you could either swim through it and explore the ship, or just a little scene that you experience while going down a slide. Hopefully having a whole water park themed to Stitch will give them more than enough reason to replace stitch's escape with something that would better fit the tomorrowland theme.
    This just so surprises me about you. Does the skipper not swim?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by dkcarter View Post
    I just returned from Fort Wilderness in Feb. 11-28th. I had a talk with Jean the manager of Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge. She said about 18 months ago WDI did concept drawing on River Country for the FW pool. The cost to convert River Country was twice as much as new pool. River Country would need all new pumps systems. In Jan 09 Fort Wilderness is suppose to be building new themed (Disney) pool with water slide and hot tub. Campground will also be improving about 60% of sites, bigger cement pads, new tables and barbeque area, and cable on all sites. Some of the camping loops 100,200. 1600-1900 are in wetlands and won’t be improved. The cost of improvements I think was 10 million dollars.
    And I think this is a great idea, what a draw it will be.

tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder
    Alright so I am new to the forum but I thought I would put my two cents in. I don't remember River Country, but my sister does. I think that the park should be changed for some pretty obvious reasons. 1) The newer water parks are huge and River Country would not be able to hold as many people as they do. 2) I think the concept would be sadly lost on a generation that has never seen water holes such as these. Preservation would be best but if I had the money I would use that location as a pirates cove, very similar to some of the themes we have seen with Pirates of the Caribbean being updated. I know this movie has been spread everywhere, but this location has all the potential to be converted in broken down ships, and there could even be some areas where, like in the Magic Kingdom, the actors could come out and do sketches for observers. As far as I know there is still some horse back riding at Fort Wilderness, because I went a few years ago as a gift from my family. There are a lot of things that can be done with the property, and I think that a themed pool would not do River Country justice. It needs to be rethemed and reworked, but I agree it should definitely be reopened.

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I still think it should be rehabbed as a cool pool for Ft. Wilderness. They don't have any feature pools over there. With the new Kingdom Tower having its own mini water park; along with Beach Club...it's only fair...

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12