Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #56 - Mar. 2, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #56 for the week of March 2, 2008. As always, I am your host ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #56 - Mar. 2, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #56 for the week of March 2, 2008. As always, I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week.

I just returned from Walt Disney World, and in addition to getting some work done for the next CD and new features Im going to be adding to the site, I also came back with some great information for both the Walt Disney World News section, as well as the Rumor Mill. In fact, there is SO much to cover this week that I invite Jeff Pepper to come in and discuss with me the variety of topics this week.

In the News, well talk about some changes coming to Extra Magic Hours, The Kingdom Tower, how to enjoy the resorts right at home, a new meet and greet, an exclusive look at the new Disney Parks television specials coming to the Travel Channel, and more.

The Rumor Mill is full this week, as we talk about some big changes coming to the Magic Kingdom turnstiles and FASTPASS systems, is Illuminations really leaving, and a super-sneak peek at new Star Wars Weekends merchandise. Well also talk about Star Tours 2 point NO?, Indiana Jones at the Studios, and so so much more.

Celebrating its 5th anniversary, MagicMeets is returning this summer for another fan gathering in Camp Hill, PA. Founder Fred Block joins me to discuss the event, some of the featured speakers, and how you can be a part of it.

We have a lot to cover this week, so sit back, relax and enjoy this weeks episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The News Section reminded me . . . when we were there Jan 20-27, we watched some serious work being done to the pilings and erosion barrier along the passageway into Bay Lake from the Ft. Wilderness side. Towards the end of the week, a guest asked one of the crew about the work, and he described a very involved process of driving some very thick and very deep posts so that they can seriously reinforce the retaining wall for some development yet to come to that side of the Contemporary.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but it seems to suggest that Jeff's rumor could have something to it!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

tjcjr is offline A-Ticket holder

Key Card Admission Changes

Awesome show as usual Lou with so much great info I had to listen twice.
    One question though, that you may or may not have an answer to yet so feel free to speculate. We are Annual Passholders and DVC members who frequent the Swan when we are not staying at a DVC property. Since the Swan uses different, non-Disney key card media to access their resort rooms and we typically use our Annual Pass to gain entrance anyway, how will this new "bar code" system affect folks like us? Any ideas?
    Thanks and, at the risk of sounding cliche, keep up the great work !!!

Tom (from Massachusetts)

gunterk is offline A-Ticket holder
    yeah I was wondering why it was the Key to the World card and not the regular ticket media.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hey Lou,

Just wanted to say, I really enjoyed this show. It was one of those real "feel good" shows that gave us Disney fans a lot to look forward to. Besides all the great things happening at WDW, it was great to hear from Fred Block regarding Magic Meets.

And hey, its always good to hear from Jeff!
    To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! Very interesting news and rumors, a lot of different things could be possibly brewing. It'll be interesting to see if any of these rumors will indeed come true. But remind me, what exactly were you referring to as "Night Kingdom"? Does it have to do with Disney's Animal Kingdom? In any case, great show Lou! Keep up the great work.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Spyne,

the "Night Kingdom" is a boutique theme park that is being rumored as an extension of Disney's Animal Kingdom. It will come with a price tag of around $250 and be only open at night and only allow a limited number of guests each night. Supposedly it'll create a 1:1 or 2:1 Cast member to guest ration.

It is also the rumored location that the Adventurer's Club will be moved to.

If I haven't said the word rumor enough, it's still a big rumor but it sounds like there may be some teeth to it
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

MikeS is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show Lou, Jeff, and Fred!!!

Of course at the end you guys had me ROTFLMAO!!!!
    Mike