Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Voices of Liberty in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I think that one of the best hidden treasures at Epcot are the Voices of Liberty Group. I was wondering if anyone knew the woman's name who started the group. ...
    tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder

Voices of Liberty

I think that one of the best hidden treasures at Epcot are the Voices of Liberty Group. I was wondering if anyone knew the woman's name who started the group. I am a huge fan of the group and never miss them when I go down each year. Thanks!

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't have the answer to your question, but here's a link to their official website... Liberty Voices

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I just want to see/listen to them once! Still on my to-do list. Maybe next trip.....

Quote Originally Posted by tink2thecore View Post
    I think that one of the best hidden treasures at Epcot are the Voices of Liberty Group.
    I couldn't agree more with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I just want to see/listen to them once! Still on my to-do list. Maybe next trip.....
    Oh Caroline....once you hear them you will want to go back time and time again! They are wonderful!

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    You HAVE to hear them sing in the rotunda. The sound is amazing. The Voices of Liberty and The America Adventure is one thing my mom and I do on each trip. My dad, wife and the boys (ages 4 and 2) don't like the show. It's my mom's and my little Disney thing.
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

magicforever is offline A-Ticket holder
    Voices of Liberty is absolutely my favorite thing in Epcot. I know it may seem strange considering there are so many things to do there, but it remains at the top of my list. It is a true gem. They have an incredible way of reminding you where you live and where we come from. Not to mention, these are insanley talented musicians.

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am not aware of the woman you are referring to, but I was under the impression that the Voices of Liberty were founded by Derrick Johnson. At least, he has directed them for quite some time now. He can be seen publicly as one of the conductors each year for the Candlelight Procession (all of the orchestration of which he arranged), and his son-in-law Kevin Miles, who sings with both the Voices of Liberty and the Dapper Dans, is the voice of the park announcements and the Monorail spiel.
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I have only heard them once at EPCOT. If y'all get a chance you need to go over to the MK for the special Sept 11 Flag Retreat. They bring them over for that and WOW! Fantastic and you get to hear the Main Street band to boot. LOL See ya there.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn