Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #57 - Mar 9, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #57 for the week of March 9, 2008. I am your host Lou Mongello, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show #57 - Mar 9, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #57 for the week of March 9, 2008. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week.

To all of my new listeners, I want to welcome you to the show as well. I think you’ll find it a positive, fun, feel-good look at Walt Disney World that will inform, educate and entertain you.

This weekend, I’m heading to Disneyland in California to compare and contrast the two parks… OK, so I’m going to Disneyland to enjoy the parks for a few days, so unfortunately this week, I’m once again recording early and won’t have the ability to cover news and rumors due to when I’m recording. Of course, I’ll be back next week with all of the WDW news and visit to the Rumor Mill.

Next month, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary, and following the success of Celebration 25, Adam Roth and his team have put together WDWCelebrations.com and have organized “A Wild Decade,” a gathering to commemorate this occasion. I’m joined by Adam and another member of the team, Jason Diffendal, to discuss the event and how you can get involved.

Tim Foster, from Guide to the Magic, is back for another Top 10 with Tim, as we reveal our individual top 10 snacks to enjoy in World Showcase. Any discussion of food in Walt Disney World is fun, and in the process, we hope to introduce you to some snacks that you just may have overlooked, or never thought to try. It’s a fat-free trip around the promenade, guaranteed to leave you hungry at the end.

I often get questions about some recommended reading and books that I enjoy about Walt Disney World, Disney history, etc., so this week, I bring in another guest, George Taylor from the Imaginerding blog to examine and discuss the 5 books that every Disney geek needs in their library.

I won’t have time to answer any of your emails this week, but listen for some voicemails at the end of the show, so as always, please sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939). Visit the web site at wdwradio.com.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yet another great show! I was so excited to hear the book segment. You hit the nail on the head with that one, I've been meaning to ask you for some book recomendations. You are definitely right about Since the World Began. Jeff Pepper recommended it to me a few months ago and I absolutely loved it. I vote for more Disney "must have" books segments.

See Ya

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    And George got the name of my blog wrong....haha. I guess I now know what kind of friend he is

In all honesty, he contacted me after recording with Lou to prepare me for the slip up...LOL
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great segment with George. I too have started a Disney book collection and he gave me some great ideas for books to add to my collection.

Casey is offline A-Ticket holder
    This show made me hungry!

I’m not a World Showcase aficionado by any means so I only have three favorite snacks. 1) Napoleon 2) those glazed cinnamon pecans…mmmmmm! 3) Curly Wurly from one of the little shops in England. They’re just like the Marathon bars, remember those anyone? Gee, I need a research trip to sample all the nummies I’ve been missing – especially that cheese Danish!

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Great show! Made me hungry and I learned about some new places to eat! I never knew about the baklava in Morocco, and I will try that one out next trip. And thanks for the book review, I do not own any of these, but I am heading over to ebay now. Can we get a list of all 6.

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    George has a list over on his blog

Imaginerding: We're Bringin' Nerdy Back!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really enjoyed the show! And Lou, you said you were waiting for feedback in terms of George being on the show again, well actually, I found him to be an excellent speaker and he was very engaging. No he didn't pay me to say that!!

I hope you had a good time in Disneyland... it's my favorite park!

They're bringing Nerdy back, the other brothers don't know how to act!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou,

I'm sure you know my opinion about having George on the show. I would have to hand back in my ImagiNerding Friend Card if I didn't say that he did an awesome job. But I knew he would.

You have to get his younger and better looking sibling on the show with him next time. Andy is a hoot and a big ole Disney Geek as well.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hey, Lou and Tim! Loved the list! I hope you do another one soon!

Suggestion for the next Top Ten List = Top 10 snacks at the resorts (Lots of choices - mmmm Coco Puffs at the Kona . . . does Port Orleans still do beignets? I haven't been over there since Dixie Landings was rolled into it . . . ). Sorry, I'm getting carried away.

I'm glad to have some of the books mentioned, along with the ideas for others to buy. I also got my start through those glossy hard-bound souvenir books about WDW. I expected to hear Charlie Ridgeway's book on the list . . .

Another great show!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Sharpel007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Somewhere near the M4, in a land called Albion
    Solid list Lou,

though surprised my favourite book Designing Disney's Theme Parks : The Architecture of Reassurance a book about a traveling exhibit in the late 90's amazingly made with complete access to the archives but without any interference from Disney on what was said, considering Eisner's mood at this point in time it blew my mind. Although I do admit it is pretty Disneyland centric.

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the comments!

I really enjoyed the Top Ten with Tim segment. What about the top ten benches at the Magic Kingdom?

Sharpel007--The Designing Disney's Theme Park is a great book. We didn't include it on the show since it is more of an advanced Geek title. But I'm sure that Lou and I could spend some time talking about it if he gets enough good comments about me! (hint, hint)
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great show! I was starving by the time the snack segment was over. We HAVE to have a snow cone in Japan on each trip...no matter what the weather. I always thought baklava was Greek! Gotta check that out in Morocco. Now I have to go back and write down those book titles.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sharpel007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Somewhere near the M4, in a land called Albion
    Great, I guess Walt Disney's Epcot : Creating The New World of Tomorrow will be in that advanced category as well, although that book cause more sadness than any other Imagineering book I own.

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Lou, LOVED the show! Both lists were excellent this week. My two favorite snacks didn't make the short lists, though. Churros (Mexico, obviously) and School Bread (Norway), yummmmmm!

George was a great speaker and I was so engaged listening to you all talk books that I missed my exit off the highway! You should most definitely have him back on to continue on that subject, it was just fascinating. I'm heading over to the public library to see how many of those books I can check out. Hopefully (for me, not for you!) there aren't too many other fans in my area or else they'll all be checked out already!

Great podcast this week, I can't wait to hear about California!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast