Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #58 - Mar 16, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Wow! Thanks to the Fab Four for the great roundtable. A couple quick thoughts: Club 33! Are you kidding me!! What a coup! Aren't we envious enough of you guys? ...
    T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Wow! Thanks to the Fab Four for the great roundtable.

A couple quick thoughts:

Club 33! Are you kidding me!! What a coup! Aren't we envious enough of you guys? (Kidding, of course). Thanks for sharing about the experience.

The fact that you found so many of the details superior was enough for us to schedule a visit within the next year. Kids stay home for this first trip, though!

Mostly, though, I miss the old Main Street. This, more than anything, makes me hunger to go there. The side streets, the Magic Shop, the Penny Arcade . . . they live on, and that is great.

I can't wait to hear about Disneyland Paris! (Let me know if you have trouble coming up with folks to go!)
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

soccermouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    My daughter and I are listening to this podcast in my classroom at lunch time. She is 14 and has been to Disneyland at least 18 times and has only been to WDW once. Yes, we were laughing at you getting lost in Disneyland. My 9 year old son knows it like the back of his hand.

Elvin is offline A-Ticket holder
    This was one of my favorite shows. I did not know much about Disneyland and after listening to the show while on the Acella to Boston from NY today (perfect length for a long ride in the quiet car) I texted my wife and said she needed to find a way to get us into Club 33 in the next 10 years.

Great show and thanks for all you guys do!

2xcited2sleep is offline A-Ticket holder
    Club 33??? Are you kidding me??? You're killing me... seriously, killing me. I am SO jealous. And the description of the desserts didn't help either Sounds like an amazing time. I was laughing out loud at portions of your trip report. Someone I work with apparently drove into work behind me today and wanted to know what I was doing in the car that was so funny... somehow saying that I was listening to 4 geeks talk about Disney didn't translate so well. Oh well... her loss!

BTW did you guys ride Matahorn?

Was looking for that in your report

disneymooner is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm so glad you all got a chance to visit my "home" park! I like so many others it seems have been waiting a long time for a Disneyland episode, and I'm so excited to hear your thoughts (all 1 hour and 55 minutes of them - yipee!) I can't even wait until I hear them before I post!
    Last edited by disneymooner; 03-18-2008 at 11:51 PM.

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We did ride the Matterhorn. We rode it during Early Entry on Sunday. Only once, though, since the lines were so long the rest of the trip.

I liked it. It was bumpier than WDW's Space Mountain and was a lot of fun. I think we were all vibrated so much that we could only handle one ride on it!

I will plan to ride it in the dark on my next trip.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by biblioadonis View Post
    We did ride the Matterhorn. We rode it during Early Entry on Sunday. Only once, though, since the lines were so long the rest of the trip.

I liked it. It was bumpier than WDW's Space Mountain and was a lot of fun. I think we were all vibrated so much that we could only handle one ride on it!

I will plan to ride it in the dark on my next trip.
    Thanks George, was curious because you guys did mention most of the e tickets

GeoMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
    Thanks George, was curious because you guys did mention most of the e tickets

I will take the blame for being the reason we only rode it once. There was this ride little attraction called the "Indiana Jones Adventure" that I kept dragging them all on once we had ridden everything at least once. They all eventually gave me their fastpasses for the attraction and left me alone so they could do other things throughout the park.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    It sounded like y'all had a great time. As for the feeling of being at Disney? Well I think I'm going to split the differance between the way Jeff saw it and the way the rest of you did, for me, going into the park in 2005 (for the first time since back in 1981 when we moved away from Anaheim) I did feel somewhat of that "at Disney" feeling just from being at the Mickey and Friends structure and the tram area at its base, another higher level of that "Disney" feeling would be once we got into the esplanade where all the pavers and land scaping reminded me a lot of the "walk around the World" at WDWs TTC, but the real "I'm home" moment was going under the train station on the LEFT hand side (without really putting any thought into the chioce) and seeing the Matterhorn emerge behind the Main Street facades as I emerged from the tunnel.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Love This Week's Podcast!

I was "raised" on Disneyland and didn't get to WDW until my honeymoon -- I am LOVING listening to this podcast and hearing the impressions of DLR newbies!

Living in the middle of the country usually means that the price is about the same to go to either coast, so I make the comparison often when trying to decide on upcoming vacations. The bottom line is that they are very different experiences. Both are amazing, of course, but as vacations go there is just a different feel! Both have advantages and disadvantages all their own.

Thanks for letting me in on your experiences!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com View Post
    It sounded like y'all had a great time. As for the feeling of being at Disney? Well I think I'm going to split the differance between the way Jeff saw it and the way the rest of you did, for me, going into the park in 2005 (for the first time since back in 1981 when we moved away from Anaheim) I did feel somewhat of that "at Disney" feeling just from being at the Mickey and Friends structure and the tram area at its base, another higher level of that "Disney" feeling would be once we got into the esplanade where all the pavers and land scaping reminded me a lot of the "walk around the World" at WDWs TTC, but the real "I'm home" moment was going under the train station on the LEFT hand side (without really putting any thought into the chioce) and seeing the Matterhorn emerge behind the Main Street facades as I emerged from the tunnel.

Thanks for the picture BigBrian! That really does make an "impression" doesn't it. All this talk of Disneyland has my heart doing flip flops, which means I really really want to get back there. I gotta pull some strings, win the lotto, work some overtime! Must Get Back To Disneyland {{said in my best Capt. Kirk voice}}
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou, every week I listen to the podcast in grey,cold england and dream that I am in wdw... and now, after this week's episode, i need to go to disneyland too! it sounds like a wonderful place and I'd love to go there and experience it, one day!

thank you for continuing to produce my favourite disney podcast

Barbie xxx

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Amazing show this week Lou. I am and always will be a Walt Disney World fan, but listening to the roundtable of your trip to Disneyland, I have to make it a need to visit Disneyland as well. I love all of the Disney resorts around the world actually, and I hope to visit each one someday. While Walt Disney World will always be my favorite resort of the lot, I can't forget about the original one that the man himself had a hand in. I knew that all ready, but you, Lou, and the rest of the roundtable crew have opened my eyes even more to how important Disneyland truly is.

Thank you very much for the awesome show this week. Keep up the great, informative work on the parks we know and love.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    This show could NOT have been more perfectly timed. With 13 days to go before my first-ever Disneyland trip, I am ecstatic to have listened to this episode. It allayed almost all of my fears about whether or not I'd enjoy it, if I'd get bored because it's too similar to the Magic Kingdom, etc. Thank you very much, all four of you, for such a wonderful trip report and discussion about Disneyland. I'm more excited than ever to be there in two weeks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast