Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #58 - Mar 16, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; My wife, Nancy, and I listened to this show together. SHe turned to me at the end and said, "I am one of those locals that go to Disneyland and ...
    harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    My wife, Nancy, and I listened to this show together. SHe turned to me at the end and said, "I am one of those locals that go to Disneyland and I miss it". She used to live near Anaheim and went all the time. We've been to Disneyland 5 times in the 6 years we've been married.

I'm hoping Disney Corporate approves a bi-coastal annual pass. It would make it alot easier for me to justify going to both resorts
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

lonegungirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just finished the podcast--great discussion, as always. I thought it was very interesting to see how people see Disneyland from a WDW perspective, when everyone out here has the reverse view.

I was totally surprised that you guys thought Peter Pan was so different, as I honestly couldn't remember them being so distinct--but then ironically, I go on the WDW version much more frequently since the DL one doesn't have FP and always has a 45 minute wait. I was also really surprised that you liked the (walked-in) Pooh better out here, as I've always thought the WDW one was way better/longer/more animated.

Perhaps I don't remember well, but it didn't seem like you guys said much about the new Finding Nemo Submarines--too much like the Living Seas? Or too much waiting?

Nice to see/meet you all, and glad you all had a safe trip home.

--Jeanine

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Hi Jeanine! I'm always happy to see you on the boards. Hope all is well with you. Tell your mom hello for us, and hope to see you again soon.

Ed and T-Nina
    They call me "Nana"

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved this show. I am new here and this is my first post.

I am a DVC member at WLV as my home resort. I am 35 and have been going to WDW since about 1978. I now have 2 boys aged 4 and 2, both of whom have been to WDW every year, including stints in the womb.
    I first went to DL back in 2001 for the first time, so this podcast brought back a lot of "first time" memories for me. Especially how much BETTER POTC and SM are in DL.
    I've also been fortunate enough to have visited both Disneyland Paris (2x) as well as Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea (7x). I will tell you that Tokyo Disneyland actually has the BEST "Magic Kingdom." Pooh's Hunny Hut, the basic layout and quality of the attractions is outstanding. I would love to hear a podcast with the DL and WDW comparison there..
    My bottom line is that WDW is the best, but the MK is done better in both DL and TDL. For Disney fans such as ourselves, there is always reason to visit another Disney park!

I look forward to contributing to the board!

Best regards,
    -BOTR

Mmouse1026 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou I just wanted to say Thank you much for everything you do! I dream about going to Disneyland but my Disney lovin husband has been against the idea until this podcast. You really have changed his mind. Thanks again for providing us some weekly Magic!
    Dawn

1978 Lake Buena Vista; 1988/1990 Off-Site;1995/1997 All Star Music;1996 All Star Sports;1998 FW Campgrounds;2001 Wilderness Lodge;2002/2003 AKL SSW;2004 POR SSW;2005;CBR MNSSHP;2006 POR;2006 POP Century ;2007 Wilderness Lodge ;2007 POR

Counting down until BC July 2008

disnyfreek is offline B-Ticket Holder
    About 2 miles from the proposed site for Disney's America
    Great show!
    I really enjoyed hearing a first-timers review of Disneyland. I've been wanting to get out there but financial restrictions prevent me from going. Hopefully this helped break some of the "my park is better than your park" barriers that are among certain Disney fan communities.

There was a thread created about this show over at Disney Podcast Network if anybody's interested. One or two replies were completely directed towards Lou: The Disney Podcast Network - Hosted by The Meandering Mouse Podcast • View topic - Lou's First Visit

Aussiejohn is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up

Lou,

I've got to agree, I loved this show and it has definitely started a nice hum around the Disney community about this age old debate.

Being an international tourist to the parks, I must admit that I am frequently disappointed when Disney fans state that they would not go to DLR or WDW because they have already been to the other parks.

I am lucky enough to experience both WDW and DLR and from my perspective, both are fantastic and very unique.

I will be in WDW in April '08 and will then be doing DLR the week later, and can not wait. During this visit, I will not be judging which parks are better or obsessing about comparisons, but I will be soaking up the magic and enjoying the parks like you did during your recent visit.

Great show, and like your other fans, I look forward to future shows about your visits to Disneyland and DCA.

John

willful is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up

Lou, FANTASTIC show!!

My wife and I, who are big time WDW fans, are going for our first trip to DL in May! So I was excited to hear your thoughts on your first trip! We're not going into our first DL trip looking to compare the parks. That's not fair. We are looking to see the uniqueness of DL and it's charm.

Thanks, Lou, for tackling this topic!

I also want to echo's Disnyfreek's note about what's going on over at The DPN. It's pretty cool to see how far went Lou's message.

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have only been to Disneyland once..and only for a very short time long ago... this show just made me want to go back and see where it all started... Thanks for another fantastic show Lou!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

Pirate Stitch is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show #58 - Mar 16, 2008

LOVE THIS EPISODE! I have been listening to the show forever, but I love this episode. I am a So Cal Resident and go to Disneyland about once a year, sometimes more. I am actually going on Saturday (hopefully) and I love the point of view you guys give. I have a feeling if I went to WDW I would be as lost as you guys said you would be when going to Disneyland. So again, a great episode, love the "walk on pooh" line, cracks me up each time. But great episode again, hope you do another one from Disneyland soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123