Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Please Click All Podcasts That You Subscribe To.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss The Great Podcast Poll in the The WDW Radio Show forums; WDW Radio is the only one I've been listening to. I've just been inspired to go looking for more though. Thanks!...
    DaisyGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    97.7 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
    WDW Radio is the only one I've been listening to. I've just been inspired to go looking for more though. Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role." ~Walt Disney

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyGirl View Post
    WDW Radio is the only one I've been listening to. I've just been inspired to go looking for more though. Thanks!
    Definitely get some more too; they help fill in the gaps between Lou's shows! I've listened to WDW Radio since it started, since Lou's old show, Mousetunes, was my favourite. Since then WDW Radio has taken over that spot, but Magical Definition is great, Netcot is another favourite (totally different than anything else out there) and Inside the Magic is fantastic! Ricky is as professional as Lou and the show quality is amazing...check those ones out for sure!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great poll -- I had no idea there were so many podcasts either. I subscribe to about 7 of them but listen regularly to three plus any "official" ones that come out... Lou (of course), Netcot, and Inside the Magic. I listen when walking my dog, so when the weather is bad I get fewer podcasts in! I also listen to more just before I go on a Disney vacation; sometimes it can be painful to hear about all the great stuff going on when it's going to be a long time before I visit!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Where's "mousin it up?"

Do you have any way to edit this poll?

You ommited "Mousin' it up! - the podcast of bigBrians Disney page"

This is especially baffling considering the fact that you included several LONG gone podcasts, what method did you use to compile this list? I'd like to know so that I can figure out why a person looking for Disney podcast would find all these others and NOT find mine. perhaps there is some place I should be making sure my podcast gets exposure that i have somehow overlooked.

BTW I listen to almost all the podcasts listed (or listened to in the cases of the "extinct" ones) all but six I checked off.
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 03-28-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: additional information

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

willful is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yea, Lou's show is great! For those looking to branch out and try other Disney-related podcasts, I think you should just start trying those shows listed at the top (as well as including Adventures of a Teenage Disney Geek and Big Brian's show).

My favorites have always been the DPN shows...they all have a unique voice to them, which is great!

It all depends on what you're looking for in your Disney podcast.

(And since we're "pimping" podcasts...I'll put out a plug for The Magic Never Ends Podcast )
    - Will
    The Magic Never Ends Podcast

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

NEXT TRIP: DPN Westfest 2009 April 30 - May 4 at Disneyland!

See What We're Doing at www.twitter.com/magicneverends
    Watch our shenanigans at www.youtube.com/WillMNE

SciFi96 is offline A-Ticket holder
    In addition to the 3 I checked I also listen to the Character Breakfast podcast, Magical Vault, Park Hopping podcast.

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnEO View Post
    I've been a faithful WDW Radio listener since near the beginning...but I suppose I could branch out a bit...

Any suggestions on which show to add to my playlist next?

Thanks!!
    WDW Today is a LOT of fun! Those guys crack me up.
    It was all started by a mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by CapnEO View Post
    I've been a faithful WDW Radio listener since near the beginning...but I suppose I could branch out a bit...

Any suggestions on which show to add to my playlist next?

Thanks!!

It really depends on just what kind of show you want to listen to. if you want

news/Variety shows

there are several including Inside the Magic, The MouseStation, Character Breakfast, and Netcot

News/Discussions

theres the laughing place podcast, WDW News Today, Magical Definition and others. I
    Discussions with less news

Mouse Guest Weekly, and All About the Mouse, Micecast, Imagineering My Way (sort of odd to call a one man show a discussion but that seems to be the closest category)

Discussions mixed with in park audio
    Walts girls, Northern Mouse podcast, Adventures of A Teenage Disney Geek, and the Magic Never Ends

Trip planning

there are shows like WDW today and The DISunplugged

listener call in/ talk radio format
    the Let's Talk About Disney podcast, and once a month WDWToday does a show in this format too

Audio from the parks

there's A Window to the Magic, The Meandering Mouse, WDW Memories podcast, Mousin It Up!, the Mouse Lounge, ParkHopping podcast, In your Ears experiance, the World for one and Trapped on Vacation (though he covers non Disney amusements too)

Video of the parks

there's Above the Firehouse, the Disney Adventure Podcast, The Big D in HD, Bringing Disneyland Home, and some episodes of Horse and rabbit.coms podcast are Disneyland videos (though they also cover non Disney amusements too)
    video/discussion
    there is Beyond Main Street

this is one of those posts that started out small but then it just took on a life of its own!!!
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 04-11-2008 at 10:29 AM.

piwackitt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Don't forget, WDW Today has been doing the Live call in show format for over 2 years now.

It airs only once a month, but is extremely popular, and great fun to listen to, and to be a part of their live chat room during the show as well.

Wow, Big Brian! Quite a nice list you put together there. Kudos!
    - Will

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

Quote Originally Posted by piwackitt View Post
    Don't forget, WDW Today has been doing the Live call in show format for over 2 years now.

It airs only once a month, but is extremely popular, and great fun to listen to, and to be a part of their live chat room during the show as well.
    good thought I edited the list. Thanks!

and Thanks Will!
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 04-11-2008 at 10:43 AM.

RJMurphy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Big Brian , I am new to listening to podcasts, I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. I've watched my kids with thier I-Pods for years so I decided to see what the attraction was. I just have a small mp3 player that I download Disney podcasts to and listen at work. It was really the only subject that interested me. It has turned into a slight obsession. Now to answer your question about how all of us found out about the Disney podcasts. In my case I did a search on I-Tunes. It turned up a couple of sites, some of which weren't updated for years........frustrating !! The only viable one that it turned up was WDW today. From there I learned about WDW Radio, and so on and so on. Or vice versa....I'm not too sure at this point. So now I found out about your site....I'll have to check it out. Kind of like a treasure hunt. I don't know if that was what you were looking for or not. I just thought if you were good enough to help a novice Disney freak learn about things Disney I could at least give you an answer 5to your question. Even if it was on Lou's site.

Hey, RJMurphy, welcome to the great world of podcasts! For most of us, listening to Disney podcasts did turn into an obsession...lol...hey, we gotta have our Disney fix, right?

A good place to look for listings of Disney podcasts is at the Disney Podcast Directory. As well as just talking to other Disney fans...listening to your favorite Disney podcasts and hearing what they mention... It's actually fun to discover new podcasts...but also frustrating when you never seem to find enough time to listen to them all. haha

Enjoy!
    - Will

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

Thanks RJ, yeah that was what i was curious about, and it makes perfect sense as I have notioced that old cancelled shows do tend to hold thier place in Itunes searches for a LOOOOONG time,and Will is right about Mike Hamilton's Disney Podcast Directory, the directory is also a GREAT way to "test drive" new shows as you can listen to episodes riyght on the site

piwackitt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Which shows from the OP are no longer in service?

I don't want to start looking for shows that no longer produce anything new.

Thanks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast