Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss 35th Birthday Ideas in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello all, I've been a listener to Lou's podcast for a while but this is my first post to the forums. So, please be gentle. I will be down at ...
    jedimick is offline A-Ticket holder

35th Birthday Ideas

Hello all,

I've been a listener to Lou's podcast for a while but this is my first post to the forums. So, please be gentle.

I will be down at WDW for Mother's Day this year (we have two boys) and my wife's 35th birthday will be the following day (May 12th). Although she's not as big a Disney geek as I am I would like to make her 35th birthday special in some way.

I've already heard that I should get her a birthday button for the day and order a cake for our dinner at Teppan Edo's that night.

What other ideas do you guys have to celebrate?

Thanks!
    Mark

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, jedimick!

Why not treat her to some time at one of WDW's spas? There are many options and price ranges available.

There is a special Mother's Day brunch at Epcot, if it is not booked up already. Mother's Day 2008

You can also check out Birthday Ideas for Adults for some more ideas!

Have fun, and an early Happy Birthday to your wife!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Grand Tea at the Grand Floridian what a true ladies experience, and it would be awesome on Mother's Day.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ShanMac is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just celebrated my 30th Birthday at WDW and DCL and had a BLAST! My daughter made sure she told all the CMs it was my Birthday (incase they didn't know by the birthday button I got a check in). We will also be traveling for Mother's Day as well this year (3 moms together). My suggestion to you is this - ask your wife how she would like to celebrate Mother's Day and her 35th. Have her be "Queen for a Day" on each of the days (or maybe the whole week?). Eat at the restaurants she wants, go on her favorite rides, her favorite shops, etc. Another suggestion is to book her a Spa treatment at one of the amazing Spas on the property. A day where you and the boys go off and do something and she has a "mom minute" might be nice (just don't do anything too memorable that she'll feel as though she missed out on something special).

As a heads up - if your boys are feeling left out - you can "pretend" it's their birthday as well. If you go into a restaurant you can mention that it's child a's birthday one night and child b's the next. For the many times I've been to WDW & DL no one has ever asked for a birth certificate as proof.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I was very lucky to spend my 35th birthday last year at WDW and in the MK... The day was finished off with going to MNSSHP too!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

minniem is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think finding a special Disney gift--whether it be a Mickey charm or a snowglobe or something that might have a special meaning for her--given to her during Wishes would be a wonderful memory for her birthday/Mother's Day.