Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Can anyone help me...... in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I am currently in the process of writing a book about Walt Disney World and wondered if anyone had ever heard of a book along similar lines? It is split ...
    adam_goodger is offline A-Ticket holder

Can anyone help me......

I am currently in the process of writing a book about Walt Disney World and wondered if anyone had ever heard of a book along similar lines? It is split into 2 sections. The first is a history of how Walt Disney World came to be, The history of the site and how it was developed. It talks of how Walt envisaged Disney World and how it actually turned out. The things that were built and the things that weren't

The second part of the book focuses specifically on the Magic Kingdom. It takes the park land by land and looks at the rides, attractions and shows that were their since the day the park opened in 1971, what are the stories behind the building of the attraction and how has it changed? Each more elaborate ride/show/attraction also has a ride-through commentary to aid those people who many never have ridden it or to refresh those who have enjoyed it so many times.

Is this a book anyone had heard of or, better still people would be interesting in reading it?

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey Adam, check out Lou's link to his show...he had a guest on that was a longtime libririan and they discussed the top 5 Disney books that every true Disney geek should have. I believe they discussed the book you are talking about. Hope that helps!!!!

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-9-2008-a.html
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

It's not a book I'm looking for its one that I am writing. I don't know of any book like this that exists, particularly one that is up to date. Many people have pointed towards the Realityland book but this is a completely different content to mine. None of Lou's top 5 seem to fit either. That's why I thought I'd come onto the forums and ask. I'm about 8 pages in and have only scratched the surface so far. I'm hoping to try and have it published later this year.

I didn't mean 8, I meant 80!!!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Hmm... while it sounds like it may have pieces of a number of books, I can't think of one book that sounds like your concept. As a collector of Disney books I would by it.

I wish you lots of luck with it!

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yes, the closest I've read is Since the World Began, and that one is more broad in focus. the one you are writing is certainly one I'd like to read.

SSB

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I am unfamiliar with anything along those same lines...it definitely sounds like a fun read! Good luck!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thanks for all your supportive comments guys. They have been great.

Well.....

I've stopped for a rest. I'm about 100 pages in now and am close to finishing Frontierland. Only two thirds of the park to go. I better get on with it. It's not going to write itself