Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #60 - Mar 30, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #60 for the week of March 30, 2008. I am your host Lou Mongello, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #60 - Mar 30, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #60 for the week of March 30, 2008. I am your host Lou Mongello, and this week I am coming to you LIVE from Walt Disney World, as I am standing on the promenade of World Showcase in Epcot, enjoying the sights, sounds and scents of the 15th Annual Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.

Thank to the assistance of the Walt Disney World Company and so many wonderful Cast Members, I have a special show for you this week, as I not only have a review of the Festival from right here from the park, but an exclusive interview with someone whose job it is to really make dreams come true, as she is Carrie Schoen, the Manager of the Disney Dream Squad, and she will reveal what it’s like to truly make magic, a day in the life of a Dream Squad member, what’s in store for 2008 and more.

As we get ready for Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s 10th Anniversary next month, I will also take you along with me on a ride on the Kilimanjaro Safari unlike any that you have taken in the past, as John Lehnhardt, Director of Animal Operations for Disney’s Animal Kingdom gives us a fascinating tour of the Safari that you can’t get anywhere else. Ride along with us on this personal tour that is a fun, informative adventure.

There’s much more on this week’s show, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939). Visit the web site at wdwradio.com.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well, this is certainly a great way to celebrate your 60th podcast!! Congrats on 60 fun, entertaining and informative podcasts!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome show Lou, what a way to celebrate your 60th show! Carrie Schoen definitely sounds like she has a great time as the Dream Squad, I envy her! She's got one of the best jobs in the world. The 15th annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival definitely sounds like a great event to attend. Hopefully I can see it in person someday. Your ride on the Kilimanjaro Safari sounded like a lot of fun, but also informative too. Gets me excited for Disney's Animal Kingdom's big day coming up.

Again, awesome show Lou and congrats on 60 shows! Keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Very nice Lou. Great way to kick off your 60th show! It's nice having the show live from WDW.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow that's a great intro. Very enticing. I'm holding off on listening to it just yet, because I'm making the 6 hour plane ride from Albany to California Wednesday for my first-ever Disneyland trip. This podcast will be a most excellent start to the trip. Can't wait to listen! :-)

jbwolffiv is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show so far. I listened to half driving up the Parkway to work. I cant wait to hear the rest of the safari, that was where I was when I arrived at work.

John

I totally want her job!

Great show Lou!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    That safari was awesome. Wish I could get a tour like that
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great show!!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Halfway through the show. It sounds almost like Lou was on the Sunrise Safari tour that is only available to those on Concierge-level rooms at The Animal Kingdom Lodge. Except, when we did it, the tour was 1 hour and the guy said theirs was 30 minutes...hmmm
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Another fantastic show! Kilamanjaro Safari is one of my all time favs! is it possible to arrange for a tour like that? I would love to go on a personal safari!! I was so immersed in the savanna I nearly drove past my exit!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

nibblesandbits is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, amazing show!

I loved the interview with the Dream Squad person and the KS thing was simply awesome! Totally enjoyed the show immensely! Good job!

DisneyAurora is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I really enjoyed the Kilimanjaro Safari you took us on. It was definitely great for the imagination and made me miss WDW so much!

Thanks for sharing!

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    How busy do you think the flower and garden festival would be the day after mother's day?
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

cpdwiz is offline A-Ticket holder

Great Podcast--I won

Hey all...Just new to this forum. Just wanted to drop in and say this show was great, and for more reasons than most would think its great. I had the pleasure of speaking with Carrie from the dream squad about 3 weeks ago when she called to tell us we WON THE YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS DVC membership!!!!! When Lou was talking and mentioned he had heard someone won from mailing in, it was none other than me and my fiance he was talking about (although he did not know me)

If anyone would like the story, I would be happy to post it..I can honestly say that Disney made OUR dreams and wishes come true!!!
    Mike & Jessica
    2007 Year of a Million Dreams DVC Grand Prize Winners

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast