Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Mickey Ears HELP! in the The WDW Radio Show forums; You all may have heard my email question at the end of this week's podcast. If not, here's a quick rundown. My wife and I collect Mickey ears for every ...
    JustGoofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey Ears HELP!

You all may have heard my email question at the end of this week's podcast. If not, here's a quick rundown.

My wife and I collect Mickey ears for every trip we take to the world. We got Jack-o-Lantern ones for MNSSHP and Happy New Year Ears as well for our trip for NYE. Needless to say, we've gotten quite a collection. I was wondering how you all display your ears or if anyone had any creative suggestions. I would be very interested in some neat ideas.

Thanks!!!
    Jeff - Crown Point, IN

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I posted this on Monday on the Creative Corner thread, but I will repeat it here.

I was listening to the pod cast this morning and a listener called in to ask for suggestions for displaying mouse ears. Here's my idea:

Materials needed: various plastic bottles with caps, fabric, glue, photos, gravel, large Styrofoam balls, ribbon, rubber band

1. Wash and throughly dry the bottles, removing all paper and labels.
    2. Carve out a hole into the Styrofoam ball for the cap and glue the cap into the hole. The cap shouldn't be completely set into the ball. Let dry.
    3. Print out photos from the trip during which you purchased the ears. The length and height of the photos are determined by the size of the bottle. Roll the photos up carefully, with the photos facing outward, and slip them into the bottle. The photos should pop open and fill the side of the bottle.
    4. Add enough gravel to weigh down the bottle so that it doesn't tip over easily.
    5. Cut a circle of fabric large enough to cover the ball with a good 2 inches or more extra.
    6. Use a pinking shears to create a "finished edge or glue or sew trim to finish the circle.
    7. Gather the fabric around the ball, and secure it with a rubber band.
    8. Tie a ribbon around the rubber band to finish.
    9. Attach the cap onto the bottle. (I used a 4-letter word to put the cap on and forgot that it has other connotations.)

The taller bottles can go in the back of your shelf, with shorter ones in front so you have a tiered arrangement. You may want to test the depth of the shelve the mouse ears will be displayed on to see how many levels will fit.

If you are handy with a sewing machine, you could fill the bottle with water, and sew a fabric bag using Disney prints to go over the bottle.

OR

If you like to do more paper crafting than fabric, print out more Disney photos and glue them to the ball. Use a craft glue or decoupage glue to cover all the photos and seal them to the ball. Keep the photos really small to fit around the ball smoother.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Mine are sitting on top of the curtain rod over my window, and on a few stuffed animals. I've seen chains with clips Toy Storage - Chain Gang designed to hold kid's stuffed animals that might work, or an over-the-door rack that holds baseball caps Login : The Busy Woman, Inc, Daily Planners for Busy Woman and much more!. These type of wall-mounted racks looked pretty good too. Hat Racks Organizers, Baseball Caps Displays

Disclaimer: I'm not endorsing any of the companies linked here, nor can I speak for the quality or suitability of these products.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page