Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #62 - April 13, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #62 - April 13, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week. This is show #62 for the week of April 13, 2008.

In Walt Disney World News this week, I'll cover Star Wars Weekends, the demise of the Virtual Magic Kingdom, a new restaurant coming to Walt Disney World and more.

Another of Walt Disney World's Hidden Treasures is one that is not just one that's always in plain sight and often overlooked, but is really a Best of the Best, and to some, even a true wonder of Walt Disney World. It's all around us, is magnificent to behold, and is an integral part of the magic and storytelling of the parks and resorts. Listener Barry Frechette joins me as we tour the parks to explore the beauty of the gardens and landscapes of Walt Disney World, as we invite you to literally stop and smell the roses on your next visit.

I am thrilled to welcome back to the show one of my all-time favorite guests, Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel. She joins me to discuss her new special featuring her top Disney favorites, as she talks about what she loves about Walt Disney World, including her personal favorite attractions, helpful hints, a typical day of shooting in the parks, and so much more, as her new show kicks off a Season Of Disney on the Travel Channel, much to the delight of fans of the parks.

Jeff Pepper joins me as we answer some of your listener email, including questions about La Carnivale de Lumiere, hidden treasures of Epcot, Disney Quest rumors, corporate sponsors and more.

I'll play some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939). Visit the web site at wdwradio.com.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 04-13-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DaveH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Looking forward to listening to it in the morning. I already have it downloaded.

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just downloaded it a few minutes ago, but based on the description, this will tie for my favorite podcast of all time! Not just the WDW Radio Show, but every podcast in the history of ever. Naturally, it ties with Lou's first interview with Samantha Brown. Can't wait to hear it!!
    Thanks and keep up the great work, Lou!!!
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

vanMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks Lou! I just watched the Samatha Brown Travel Channel special yesterday and now I have your podcast. One can never have too much Samatha Brown!

DaveH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou I thoroughly enjoyed the pod cast. Thanks

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Regarding the sign post at Sid's, I investigated (because Orlando is referenced as being many miles away). I spoke with some CMs who called in a manager and the answer is the sign posts real world vacation is.....nowhere. The mileage is made up and clearly that's the case if you examine the mileage you will quickly see it's impossible to lock down a real world spot. Imagineers simply created the sign post to reference the sort of sign you may have seen in other places but there is no real world location that it is supposed to be at.

Thanks for the plug on the show Jeff.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show as always Lou! Your conversations with Barry Frechette and Samantha Brown were great to listen to! I'll definitely pay attention to the landscaping jobs at WDW thanks to you and Barry's chat. I'm excited to watch Samantha's new special, I have it on tape ready to watch. Great job to you and Jeff on the emails as well! As always, keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nice cast, Lou. Always enjoy it
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great podcast. I really enjoyed the section on the landscape of the parks and resorts, one of those things you see but don't really notice. Very cool and will be sure to pay more attention to.
    Last edited by ChrisX; 04-17-2008 at 02:35 PM.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Lou and Jeff Pepper's response to the listener e-mail about the Tiki Room: Under New Management was very well-stated and echoes my sentiments well.