Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #63 - April 20, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Lou asked me to post that today's episode will be up late tonight. So hang on to those hats and glasses, or at least your headphones...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #63 - April 20, 2008

Lou asked me to post that today's episode will be up late tonight. So hang on to those hats and glasses, or at least your headphones
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I guess we'll have to wait since Lou is having fun in Florida-AGAIN!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

adam_goodger is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh No!!!!!!

I leave for work in 30 minutes because it's now 7.00 am in the UK. What do I listen to in the car!!!!!!!!!!

RoadTrip9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_goodger View Post
    Oh No!!!!!!

I leave for work in 30 minutes because it's now 7.00 am in the UK. What do I listen to in the car!!!!!!!!!!
    Adam - you echoed my thoughts!
    Just about to leave for work, no Lou...
    Dez
    Lincolnshire, UK
    www.dereksmithmedia.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Sorry for the delay, folks.... thanks for your patience. Well, here we go:

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week. This is show #63 for the week of April 20, 2008.

I won't get a chance to cover the Walt Disney World News this week, not just because there wasn't a lot to report on, but because I had to tape this show early in the week, as I am heading down to Walt Disney World to cover Disney's Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary celebration on Tuesday, April 22. I'll be back next week with not just coverage of the event, but live audio from the parks, and a few surprises.

This week, I welcome back Cara Goldsbury, author of the Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World to the show, as we talk about her appearance on two new Travel Channel specials as they continue their Season of Disney series. Cara will be appearing on both the Disney Splurge and the Disney Royal Treatment shows, and will discuss each of these, as well as tips on how to splurge on some special events without breaking the bank, some luxurious experiences in Walt Disney World, and we have some fun as we wonder how you could spend a day in Disney if money was no object.

As part of my celebration of Disney's Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary, this week we will take a practical look at the park, as Jeff Pepper and I talk about A Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - how to get the most out of what the park has to offer by spending a full day there - and more!

In response to many of your travel and vacation planning emails, I welcome in Beci Mankhen, owner of Mouse Fan Travel. She'll tell us a little bit about her company and how they can help plan your Walt Disney World vacation, as well as assist me in answering a number of your emails. They include questions about balloon rides over Walt Disney World, Grand Gatherings, a detailed discussion of the Disney Dining Experience Card versus the Annual Pass discounts, special events and more.

Be sure to stay until the end of the show, when I'll play some of your voicemails. So sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939). Visit the web site at wdwradio.com.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BarnicleBaron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for answering my e-mail question today Lou! (The one regarding the crazy schedule for the first week of Dec & MVMCP dates) The advice you both gave was greatly appreciated and your reaction to our packed list of events made us laugh. Wish us luck!

Great show!
    Jen

"Can you stand on your head?"

D23 Charter Member

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou as always! Your discussion with Cara Goldsbury was great to hear, I just watched Disney Spurge recently and it was a great watch! Even though I won't be able to afford any of it. Your conversation with Jeff about Disney's Animal Kingdom was great too! Also (since today is the day), I hope you had a great day celebrating the event in the park today.

Your email segment with Beci Mankhen was good to hear too. It's great to know more tips about vacation planning and what not. As always, great job Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The segment with Cara surely made me think . . . it's tough enough saving up for a daughter's wedding. I can't imagine the expectations for the daughter of Lou Mongello!! Better get the pumpkin carriage reserved now, buddy!

Thanks, also, for a great review of why AK is a full day park and then some! We always have a hard time getting everything in during the short operating hours they have!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great segment on DAK. One of my favorites as well. Dave and I over Mouse Extra are running weeklong tributes to the joint.

I always spend two days at the park. Just hitting the safari and the two trails are good for a second trip as its always different

The animal trails are great zoological exhibits on par with the Bronx Zoo and San Diego, the two best in the country. The Tree of Life is IMHO the best park icon. Festival of the Lion King is the best stage show at WDW. Flights of Wonder is educational and entertaining.

I'm sure the Making of the Animal Kingdom is out of print.
    Last edited by MJMcb; 04-24-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Lou,

Loved the podcast. And don't feel guilty about the length -- I listen while walking my dog, and I had three long walks worth of entertainment this week!

I loved all the segments and can't wait to hear about DAK's celebration.

In regards to the emailer who asked about Disney's Magical Express vs. renting a car, I wanted to throw in a good word for Quicksilver car service. After a not-so-great Magical Express experience (45 minutes sweating on the bus at 1:00 a.m. before we ever left the airport), we looked into alternate transportation and found Quicksilver. Our driver met us at baggage claim, carried everything for us, gave us excellent info, and waited for 30 minutes at the local grocery store while we stocked up on water and snacks. He was also right on time to take us back to the airport when we returned, and the price was very reasonable. Check 'em out at quicksilver_tours.com.

Keep up the great work!!

DaveH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, enjoyed it. It make me think what Disney has been trying to brainwash us of it is not a zoo. It is a zoo plus many other wonderful things.