Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #64 - April 27, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; JAMBO and Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #64 - April 27, 2008

JAMBO and Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week. This is show #64 for the week of April 27, 2008.

I spent a number of days last week in Walt Disney World covering Disney's Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary, and as promised, I brought back some wonderful audio from the event. In addition to a live recording of the opening rededication ceremonies, I was able to get one on one interviews with Val Bunting, Vice President of Disney's Animal Kingdom, Jackie Ogden, vice president of animal programs and environmental initiatives, world-renowned primatologist Jane Goodall, and legendary Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde.

I'll also discuss the day's event, the Wild Decade fan gathering, and a look back at the park, its mission and message with fellow attendees Eric Hollister and Glenn Whelan. I'll also play audio from the presentation of the WDW Celebrations donation to the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project.

I invite Jeff Pepper back to answer some more of your listener emails, and I'll play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 04-27-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typos
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Loved it. DAK is one of my favorite resorts, in large part because of my longtime association with the Bronx Zoo. I just the theme and animal trails. Its a great place.

Dave at Mouse Extra has been publishing some stuff of mine in a tribute to the Animal Kingdom including stuff on the animals and the Beastly Kingdom.
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! Sounds like Disney's Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary was a smash hit! From the videos I've seen of the Opening Ceremony and Joe Rohde's presentation, it looked like a great time. Also great to know that WDW Celebrations had another successful event with A Wild Decade. I wish I could of been there with all of you!

Great job to Eric, Glenn, and of course you for a great roundtable about it. Also great job to you and Jeff with the emails. Once again, great show Lou! Jambo!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

too bad they didn't announce a new land like America or Australia. Or better yet, Beastly Kingdomme
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    It was very nice to hear the various podcasts celebrating Animal Kingoms anniversary this week. The Roundtable discussion was a great idea since the actual re-dedication and Joe Rohde presentation audio have been played and summarized on various podcasts this week, so it kind of gave WDW Radios coverage a different angle to have these follow up discussions, great work as always. I wish I could've been there buddy,

After hearing Joe Rhode mention how slowing down was important to the enjoyment of this park, it inspired me to share some DAK Audio on my podcast that might have otherwise just had a few segments pulled from it, for anyone who isn't already overdosed on DAK audio this week you can hear a different slant on this park on the most recent episode of my podcast:

Mousin' it Up! O Season 2008 O Episode 32 - Slowing Down at Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 04-30-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

NYCBelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    The podcast was wonderful this week. I love listening to it on my way to campus and back home. Though you sure can make a person feel guilty for thinking of AK as a half day park as I always did (and am guilty of also going with people who share the same view). but after the past couple of weeks and these podcasts, i seriously want to reconsider the next time i get down there and spend far more time at AK.

bfrechette is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was lucky enough to be there that day last week. It was very cool to be a part of it. I do wish they made a bigger deal out of it. The fact the Jane Goodall as well as Joe Rohde great, but a lot of people in line had no idea. One thing I didn't get to do was get my hands on one of the special pins. As soon as the rope dropped, the line was crazy. My wife and I were actually at the preview days before it opened, and had a blast looking at the park map. Great day and great cast Lou. thanks.b

willful is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I totally agree with Big Brian! To be expected there was a gluttony of AK anniversary coverage in the Disney pod-osphere. Good to see this spin on it. I must admit I did skip the beginning part because I had already heard the re-dedication ceremony by then, but the rest of the show was top notch! Thanks, Lou!!
    - Will
    The Magic Never Ends Podcast

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

NEXT TRIP: DPN Westfest 2009 April 30 - May 4 at Disneyland!

See What We're Doing at www.twitter.com/magicneverends
    Watch our shenanigans at www.youtube.com/WillMNE

Old Jane was always very personable
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

DaveH is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really enjoyed the pod cast. Keep up the good work.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great pod-cast! If I couldn't be at the 10th Anniversary of AK, I'm really glad you could be. I just finished listening to the download presentation given by Joe Rohde. A project of this undertaking has to have a lot of planning, but to get a glimpse into what it took to make AK happen was really mind-boggling. I can't imagine working on something (the tree of life) for 1 1/2 years and not being able to "see" it as it progresses and only hope it comes out the way you planned.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was lucky enough to be there that day(and got to meet Lou too!) I loved to hear the audio again because I was so excited to be there that day and was trying to take it all in, BRAIN OVERLOAD! It was good to be able to hear it again and really pay attention. After hearing Joe Rohde talk about the making of the park, and his passion about it all, Animal Kingdom is now my favorite park! I am going back this weekend with a friend who has never been to Animal Kingdom! I hope she doesn't get tired of me being the informative tour guide!haha! Great podcast, thanks so much!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Loved the podcast and the tribute to Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary but my question lies within the e-mails. One question was about sponsorship for attractions/restaurants and Jeff Pepper mentioned the affiliation of Disneyland and ABC that helped build the park but I was under the impression that ABC was a more recent relationship, I remember Wonderful World of Color on NBC. Was it ABC then NBC then back to ABC?? Just curious.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    The Joe Rhode stuff was great! Good show.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!