Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #66 - May 11, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #66 - May 11, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week. This is show #66 for the week of May 11, 2008.

First things first - Happy Mother's Day to all moms and mothers to be.

Now on to the show... There's no news this week, as I produced the show early in anticipation of my Walt Disney World trip, but I have a number of segments I think you'll enjoy.

This week, I wanted to address a question that many of you have sent to me via email and voicemail, which involves staying off Disney property and renting a vacation home. Steve Trover, CEO of All Star Vacation homes joins me to answer many of your frequently asked questions, as well as looks at the pros and cons of renting a vacation home, who is might be right for and who it's not, addresses some possible concerns, and talks about the process. It's a great primer on renting a vacation home, and you just might be surprised as to some of the reasons why it might be a viable option for you and your family.

One of the most important aspects of what I do is that of giving back to others with the help of so many people through my Dream Team Project. Of course, I'm certainly not the only one, and as I've done in the past, this week I want to profile someone who is truly making magic, and a very big difference, in the lives of children and families that need it most. He is Bert Weiss, a radio personality at Q100 in Atlanta and founder of Bert's Big Adventure, an all expense paid trip to Walt Disney World for families that have children with life-threatening illnesses. It is an inspirational story that once again demonstrates the incredible generosity and dedication of people in the community as a whole.

I also welcome back Jeff Pepper to join me in exploring not just a hidden treasure and character connection, but a fun place to grab a hot dog and a Coke, ride the bleachers and catch a few toons. So we'll take you out to the ballgame at Casey�s Corner on Main Street, USA.

So to all you moms out there, sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939). Visit the web site at wdwradio.com.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great show, Lou!

All three segments were well done and entertaining. Hearing Bert was truly inspiring. Our local morning show does something similar, but not to that extent!
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Another great DSI. I have long loved Caseys (although I wish their hot dogs had some more spice to them), and I have been amazed at how empty the bleachers usually are. It's a great spot to explore, and I compliment Lou (and Jeff) on picking a spot that would probably be overlooked by many.

Hey, if you don't like hot dogs, then go for the corn dog nuggets. Everybody likes those, eh?
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Great show as always but I gotta say....I LOVED THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BUMPER MUSIC!!!!!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have to admit I've never eaten at Casey's and my fiance almost vomits everytime we walk through due to the smell of old Ketchup. (LOL) I do love hanging out on the bleachers though.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! Hopefully all mothers had a Happy Mother's Day. I know my Mom did.

Your conversation with Steve Trover was interesting. It helped me gain a new point of view on the vacation homes in the off-site area of WDW. I don't know if I'd ever do it myself, but knowing about it doesn't hurt; right? Your conversation with Bert Weiss was a great one to hear as well. The mission goal of Bert's Big Adventure is a story and mission that anybody can be proud of. It's proof that with Bert and yourself with the Disney World Trivia Dream Team Project there's still good in the world.

Your conversation with Jeff on Casey's Corner restaurant was great to hear. I remember the old cartoons with Casey, and it brought back a lot of memories. I'll make sure to give Casey's Corner a visit in September. Once again; great show Lou and hope you enjoy your trip to WDW!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Great show as always but I gotta say....I LOVED THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BUMPER MUSIC!!!!!
    I agree — even though I was also asking myself, "What's up with that?"

I can only guess it is part of the background music loop played in DHS near the ABC Commisary, as the original Battlestar Galactica was an ABC series. Correct?

SSB

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment_626 View Post
    I agree even though I was also asking myself, "What's up with that?"

I can only guess it is part of the background music loop played in DHS near the ABC Commisary, as the original Battlestar Galactica was an ABC series. Correct?

SSB
    I believe it was on ABC. That was my ringtone before my lovely bride washed my cellphone!!!!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

AnnieloveMinnie is offline A-Ticket holder

Casey's! So exciting!

When I was listening to this podcast, I about died when Lou and Jeff did a DSI on Caseys! Casey's holds a special place in my heart because I went there for the first time with my boyfriend (which happened to be his first trip the the World). He actually found this place in the sweltering May heat (yes, May). He was a baseball player and is now a coach so this was a perfect place for us to have a quick bite. Thanks Lou for talking about this hidden gem!