Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #67 - May 18, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. I am Lou Mongello, coming to you this and every ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #67 - May 18, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. I am Lou Mongello, coming to you this and every week bringing you the very best ways to enjoy and enhance your Walt Disney World vacation experience. This is show #67 for the week of May 18, 2008.

This week's show is going to be just a little bit different from my normal show, as I just returned from Walt Disney World, where I was visiting to cover the new Toy Story Midway Mania attraction press event. So this show is going to be focused on the new E-Ticket attraction opening in Disney's Hollywood Studios later this month.

I will first take a look at the event and attraction with Glenn Whelan, as we discuss everything from the new Pixar Studios area of the park, to the incredibly detailed queue and interactive ride experience. It's a spoiler-free review and preview of what Guests can look forward to enjoying for many years to come.

I met with TC and Kerri, the two Walt Disney World Ambassadors, as they share their thoughts about Disney's newest attraction

Meg Crofton, President of the Walt Disney World Resort, also spoke about what is happening not just at the Studios, but around the Resort, and will share that audio with you as well

I had the opportunity to interview a number of Imagineers who worked on the attraction, including Senior Show Producer Chrissie Allen, Senior Concept Writer Kevin Rafferty, Senior Show Producer Laurie Coltrin, and Vice President of Disney's Hollywood Studios Rilous Carter. I'll share audio with their thoughts on the attraction, as well as those of authors Simon and Sharon Veness from a Brit's Guide to Walt Disney World, after experiencing the attraction for the first time.

I'll also have an announcement about a new project I've been working on for some time now, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939). Visit the web site at wdwradio.com.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 05-19-2008 at 03:36 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

s2brown is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This show was not posted before I went to bed last night, so I cannot wait to get home tonight to download and start listening. It sounds like it is going to be a great show, as always!

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    I haven't had the chance to download it and listen yet, either, Lou. BUT, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Toy Story Mania and get a chance to hear how your experience is similar / different from what I experienced last week!

It was GREAT meeting you in person and I really hope we can talk again soon!
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

I was mentioned (briefly)

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Lou read a question I sent in once. It made my day. I recorded him saying my name on my cell phone. It was cool. Of course my phone has since been washed.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll probably be doing some fast-forwarding then. It seems that several prominent podcasters have all recorded and released some of the same audio from that press event.

I'll have to see if I suffer from deja vu....lol

But, I do look forward to hearing Glenn on the show again
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I ended up not needing to do any fast forwarding. Thanks Lou for not rehashing the same material everyone else did from this media event.

It was also great to hear Glenn on the show again. I bet he was stoked to be able to participate in this event with you Lou
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! It's great to hear such positive reactions to Toy Story Midway Mania. It makes me even more excited to ride it!

Your review of the ride with Glenn Whelan really helped me realize how fun this ride will be once I ride it myself. Your in-park conversations with TC and Kerri, Chrissie Allen, Kevin Rafferty, Laurie Coltrin & Rilous Carter were great too! As I said, this show has made me much more excited for Toy Story Midway Mania, I think I'll be in for something good come September. Keep up the great work Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyne View Post
    Great show Lou! It's great to hear such positive reactions to Toy Story Midway Mania. It makes me even more excited to ride it!

Your review of the ride with Glenn Whelan really helped me realize how fun this ride will be once I ride it myself. Your in-park conversations with TC and Kerri, Chrissie Allen, Kevin Rafferty, Laurie Coltrin & Rilous Carter were great too! As I said, this show has made me much more excited for Toy Story Midway Mania, I think I'll be in for something good come September. Keep up the great work Lou!
    I agree. They're all talented people.

It's too bad that a large portion of the internet minority doesn't show more respect for them and their hard work, especially for Kevin Rafferty.

Rafferty is VERY underappreciated, IMO, and he did work hard on all of the attractions that he wrote, including Mickey's PhilharMagic, Toy Story Mania and even ones that are heavily-maligned by the internet minority, such as the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management, Stitch's Great Escape, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, among others. And I think he did a great job on all of them, in my point of view.

Then again, they just bash those attractions mercilessly without even knowing about the talents that worked on them. Yet, at the same time, I fear that if anyone knew this stuff, they would probably start bashing Mr. Rafferty without thinking.

Lou Mongello, if you're out there, I'd like to suggest that a more in-depth interview with Kevin Rafferty be done in a future WDW Radio Show episode, where you can ask him about his previous WDI works and offer his point of view on these things.

If people were given a better understanding of these things, it can hopefully help make the cyber-world a better place to be.