Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Stroller Prices in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Has anyone noticed how Stroller prices have increased at WDW? The price of a double stroller rental has gone from around 17 or 18 dollars per day a year ago ...
    shawnnmelissad3 is offline A-Ticket holder

Stroller Prices

Has anyone noticed how Stroller prices have increased at WDW? The price of a double stroller rental has gone from around 17 or 18 dollars per day a year ago to 31 dollars per day. we are leaving for WDW on june 8th and when we saw this we went and bought a used double stroller to avoid this unneeded expense, however we had planned on renting a stroller there before we found this out. i just feel like of all the things they could raise the price on this would be one of the last places that they would do it because it really hits families hard when they are on a budget and i know that most families that have small kids are on a budget. if we had used their strollers it would have cost $187 and thats alot of money that could go toward food and other things. anyone else notice this? I love WDW and will still go there over anywhere else but this is one place that i would love to see them lower prices back to the way they were or atleast a little.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Yes, this is a rather unfortunate move on Disney's part. I understand that stroller rental prices had not increased in several years, but for such a large jump at one time, they must have some other motivation (maybe to cut down on abuse?).

There is another thread with discussion on this topic here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...r-rentals.html
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I should read the responses before I post.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 05-21-2008 at 08:30 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnnmelissad3 View Post
    Has anyone noticed how Stroller prices have increased at WDW? The price of a double stroller rental has gone from around 17 or 18 dollars per day a year ago to 31 dollars per day. we are leaving for WDW on june 8th and when we saw this we went and bought a used double stroller to avoid this unneeded expense, however we had planned on renting a stroller there before we found this out. i just feel like of all the things they could raise the price on this would be one of the last places that they would do it because it really hits families hard when they are on a budget and i know that most families that have small kids are on a budget. if we had used their strollers it would have cost $187 and thats alot of money that could go toward food and other things. anyone else notice this? I love WDW and will still go there over anywhere else but this is one place that i would love to see them lower prices back to the way they were or atleast a little.
    Disneydame is right, we covered this one on a larger post where there were many upset people. We will be at WDW on the 13th and we were planning on renting a stroller. I won't rehash the reasons why we weren't taking ours but now we have to.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

willywilly99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is another thread with discussion on this topic here