Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #68 - May 25, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 well I had to completely resubscribe to the show for it to work for me this week.. So I lost all my past shows I will ...
    tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    well I had to completely resubscribe to the show for it to work for me this week.. So I lost all my past shows I will let you know if it works this week
    I to had re-subscribe but didn't lose all the old shows. You should be able to download them all again through iTunes.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
    I thought that Lou and Jeff were remarkably restrained in their DSI. I'm looking forward to the 3 1/2 hour Directors Cut!
    I agree. You could almost hear the intense effort on both their parts to try to keep themselves from getting sidetracked off the immediate topic at hand and onto some only partially related tangent. It was almost like their pre-show pep talk went something like "Ok, now I know we could both go on for hours talking about the Star Wars universe, the movies, the books, George Lucas, etc. etc... But we have to remember to keep the discussion geared ONLY towards what is directly related to the Star Tours attraction and Disney, or else we're going to end up with a 3-4 hour segment that really isn't all that relevant to what it supposed to be a Disney podcast."

I remember some of the earlier DSI/Way Back Machine episodes that went on for seemingly hours (but in a good way), and I have to say I was actually surprised how short and to the point this Star Tours DSI segment was compared to what I was expecting from a couple of self-professed Star Wars geeks (by the way, I loved the "fanboy" pun thrown in there, whether it was intentional or not...). I may not be the biggest Star Wars geek out there, but I am certainly a big fan of all six movies and consider myself fairly knowledgeable about them. I admire the restraint, but I kind of wish the segment had gone on a bit longer and maybe gone into a bit more detail that only a true Star Wars/Disney nut would appreciate.

But while I'm on the topic of these types of segments, I want to also thank Lou and Jeff after the fact for the piece they did a few weeks ago on Casey's Corner and it's ties to the Ernest Thayer poem, 'Casey at the Bat'. The 'Corner' is one of my favorite places to grab a quick hot dog and a Coke while awaiting a parade or show, and I love the theming of the restaurant as well as the Cast Member's costuming. The poem is also a favorite of mine, which I fondly can't recall hearing without it bringing to mind the Disney cartoon rendition.

I recall way back in show #17, when Lou and Jeff, in celebration of Goofy's 75th birthday, did a segment on Goofy's history in Disney animation and his appearances in the parks, and I was surprised that there wasn't really any mention (that I can recall) of the various sports shorts he could be seen appearing in at the back of Casey's Corner by the bleachers. I remember thinking as I listened to that show that maybe they had held off on going too in-depth into Casey's at the time because perhaps Lou had it in the back of his mind to do a separate show segment altogether on Casey's Corner someday in the future. I'm just glad to see it finally had it's moment, and it was a segment I very much enjoyed. Thanks Lou and Jeff! Keep up the great work!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
    I thought that Lou and Jeff were remarkably restrained in their DSI. I'm looking forward to the 3 1/2 hour Directors Cut!
    I want the extra geeky extended version as well!! Give the people what they want, Lou!!
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thank you both. Hope you like what you hear this week, fellas.... and May the Force Be With You...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12