Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #68 - May 25, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. I am Lou Mongello, coming to you this and every ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #68 - May 25, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. I am Lou Mongello, coming to you this and every week bringing you the very best ways to enjoy and enhance your Walt Disney World vacation experience. This is show #68 for the week of May 25, 2008.

News from Walt Disney World includes some Prince Caspian sightings, a new restaurant opening at one of Disney's Resorts, as well as a welcome new addition to another restaurant, and changes coming to the Wide World of Sports.

In the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, I'll have an update to the Space Mountain rumors, a sponsor that may be moving out, and no longer Living with the Land, and a few hints at some other new rumors as well.

With Star Wars Weekends rapidly approaching, and some rumors about this attraction resurfacing once again, there is no better time for Jeff and I to don our Jedi robes and do a DSI: Disney Scene Investigation of Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We'll explore the history of the attraction, the story behind it, a exceptionally geeky look at the queue, the shop and what the future may hold. You don't need to be a Star Wars fan to enjoy the attraction or this segment… but it might just make them a little more fun.

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to meet and chat with TC Newman, one of the two Walt Disney World Ambassadors about her role, what a day in her life is like, her duties and responsibilities, and so much more. It’s a look into one of the most highly-coveted roles in the grand Walt Disney World cast.

I'll answer some more of your emails, play some voicemails, and tell you about some changes to the web site, as well as new free downloads you might enjoy. So sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't think iTunes didn't like the redesign of the site. The latest show isn't showing up in iTunes. I had to manually download the show. I am sure that Lou will have this slight issue resolved shortly.

Did I mention that I leave for WDW today?!!? W00t!
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT4187 View Post
    The latest show isn't showing up in iTunes.
    this week's show is not automatically updating in my iTunes either... i'll try to go for it manually as well. i just wanted to let others know so that they don't miss out!

RoadTrip9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ummmm, is it time to start the geek talk now?

There are so many references I love on Star Tours - C3PO even mentions the Spice Mines of Kessel - which as far as I am aware has only ever been mentioned in the books. First time I heard it after reading "Jedi Search" I couldn't believe my ears!
    Dez
    Lincolnshire, UK
    www.dereksmithmedia.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadTrip9 View Post
    There are so many references I love on Star Tours - C3PO even mentions the Spice Mines of Kessel - which as far as I am aware has only ever been mentioned in the books. First time I heard it after reading "Jedi Search" I couldn't believe my ears!

Oh, forgive me for being such a geek that can probably recite Episode IV from memory, but my man Threepio says: "We'll be sent to the spice mines of Kessel or smashed into who knows what!" when talking to R2 while on the Rebel Blockade Runner in the first few scenes.

I'm sorry. I'll stop talking now.

That is... until THIS week's show!
    Lou Mongello

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I didn't get it through iTunes either but I listened to it yesterday on wdw.com at my computer.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! Great to hear in anticipation of Star Wars Weekends coming up. Your DSI about Star Tours with Jeff was awesome to hear, great to hear more in-depth information about it! Your conversation with TC Newman was great, really awesome to hear from one of the Walt Disney World Ambassadors themselves. Again, great show Lou! Keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

RoadTrip9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Oh, forgive me for being such a geek that can probably recite Episode IV from memory, but my man Threepio says: "We'll be sent to the spice mines of Kessel or smashed into who knows what!" when talking to R2 while on the Rebel Blockade Runner in the first few scenes.

I'm sorry. I'll stop talking now.

That is... until THIS week's show!
    High Five, Lou... High Five.
    Dez
    Lincolnshire, UK
    www.dereksmithmedia.com

Passes4Six is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkAttitude View Post
    this week's show is not automatically updating in my iTunes either... i'll try to go for it manually as well. i just wanted to let others know so that they don't miss out!
    I had the same problem with the automatic download. It appears that it's on a new feed. In your local Itunes podcast folder, click on the arrow to the right of the title to go to itunes. The click on the download episode button for #68. it will create a new folder in your podcast folder and download it. once it's done, click on subscribe in your local folder and you're connected to the new feed and it should go back to automatic.

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I thought that Lou and Jeff were remarkably restrained in their DSI. I'm looking forward to the 3 1/2 hour Directors Cut!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

bettywales is offline A-Ticket holder
    I had to manually download, too. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I looked in the info section for the last few podcasts. For all the earlier one, the genre is listed as "podcast", but for the latest one, the genre is "Places & Travel". Would that keep itunes from recognizing it as part of the regular show?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've been to Star Wars Weekend two years in a row, but will miss it this year. This weeks pod cast was the next best thing to being there. Thanks Lou. May the force be with you. (Does Deanna have to de-geek you after you've been to one of these events?)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

If you think LAST week's show was geeky... baby, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

P.S. anyone still having problems with iTunes, etc.? Just want to be sure everything is OK and back to normal (relatively speaking)
    Lou Mongello

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    well I had to completely resubscribe to the show for it to work for me this week.. So I lost all my past shows I will let you know if it works this week
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Shadowwar is offline A-Ticket holder
    i had to resubscribe also. Thought lou may have been on vacation till i checked the site finally today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast