Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #69 - June 1, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. This is show #69 for the week of June 1, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #69 - June 1, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. This is show #69 for the week of June 1, 2008. I am your host Lou Mongello, coming to you this and every week bringing you the very best ways to enjoy and enhance your Walt Disney World vacation experience.

In this week's Walt Disney World News, I'll discuss a new marathon coming to Walt Disney World in 2009, another way to bring some Disney magic to your iPod, and a new set of DVDs coming from Imagineering this Fall.

My visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill hints at a new way to purchase Disney theme park items right from home, parade changes coming to the Magic Kingdom, and possible confirmation of the Star Tours rumors.

Speaking of Star Tours, Star Wars Weekends begins on June 6 and runs through the month, so I wanted to discuss the events, the different elements that make up each weekend, and how to get the most out of them, whether you are a Star Wars superfan or not. So I brought in George "Darth Sidious" Taylor and Glenn "Grand Moff Tarkin" Whelan to pull up a chair in the Cantina and join me in a roundtable discussion about the weekends.

Steve Barrett and I trek through Conservation Station and Rafiki's Planet Watch hunting Hidden Mickeys, including the elusive one that can be found on a live animal as well.

I'll answer some more of your emails this week, including questions on Illuminations, the Epcot 25 Exhibit, strollers and more.

Listen for more voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

View this week's Show Notes

Email the show at lou [at] wdwradio.com
    Call our voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939)
    If you like the show, please let others know by reviewing it on iTunes
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 06-02-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: star wars weekends, hidden mickeys
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Maybe I missed something but wondering where the show notes have been
    n. Haven't seen them since show #66.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Not sure what you mean...

Are you referring to the WDWRadio.com web site? As of last Sunday, the site has been updated and the show notes are in new locations, but all accessible from the home page.

If you had subscribed to the site's RSS feed (NOT the iTunes feed), you will have to resubscribe to this one instead:

http://www.wdwradio.com/index2.php?option=com_rss&feed=RSS2.0&no_html=1

THIS week's show notes (My bad for not including them here) can be found here:

WDWRadio.com - The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - Show 69 - June 1, 2008

Hope that helps! Sorry about that!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

RSoxNo1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello Lou, and everyone else on these forums. I've long been a fan of the podcast, but have never gotten around to contributing to the forums. I appreciate all that you do for the Disney community, and I'm glad that I have now officially joined your community here on DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

I'm currently listening to show #69, and that I heard you mention something about imagineering DVDs that are coming out soon. Is there any more information that you can give us on these DVDs?

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    So on the last show notes I posted saying that the show didn't download to my iTunes.. Well it happened again this show.. It did not automatically download like it has in the past.. I had to go to the iTunes store and get this specific episode for it to work..
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSoxNo1 View Post
    Hello Lou, and everyone else on these forums. I've long been a fan of the podcast, but have never gotten around to contributing to the forums. I appreciate all that you do for the Disney community, and I'm glad that I have now officially joined your community here on DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

I'm currently listening to show #69, and that I heard you mention something about imagineering DVDs that are coming out soon. Is there any more information that you can give us on these DVDs?
    to DWT!

That's all the info that was available at the time about those DVD's. We'll just have to keep checking Disney Imagineering for more info toward the Fall.

BTW - tons of great videos available on DisneyEducation.com (Donald in Mathematicsland! School House Rock! Bill Nye the Science Guy!) and a special purchasing section for teachers.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Not sure what you mean...

Are you referring to the WDWRadio.com web site? As of last Sunday, the site has been updated and the show notes are in new locations, but all accessible from the home page.

If you had subscribed to the site's RSS feed (NOT the iTunes feed), you will have to resubscribe to this one instead:

http://www.wdwradio.com/index2.php?option=com_rss&feed=RSS2.0&no_html=1

THIS week's show notes (My bad for not including them here) can be found here:

WDWRadio.com - The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - Show 69 - June 1, 2008

Hope that helps! Sorry about that!
    Thanks Lou
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! I can really tell the excitement for Star Wars Weekends to begin. Hopefully I'll experience it for myself someday, as I'm a Star Wars myself. The roundtable discussion with George Taylor & Glenn Whelan was great to hear, really got me to understand how popular this event truly is. It also sounds like a real exciting time.

Great job to you and Steve Barrett for another Hidden Mickey's segment as well. Hope you enjoy Star Wars Weekends when you're down there, and keep up the great work Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

shawnnmelissad3 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, thanks for addressing my email about the stroller prices. I'm headed down to WDW on sunday june 8th and i'm going to ask about the stroller prices. " not that anyone would answer the question, but who knows We are so excited about getting back down there.Its great that we will be there for Star Wars weekends. my kids just finished watching the entire SW series and they love it. My 4 year old loves Darth Vader and Chewy not sure how he will react when he see how big they are in real life i'll want to get pics of that reaction for sure. GREAT SHOW as always.
    Last edited by shawnnmelissad3; 06-02-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typos

Scott C is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have a small correction/clarification about your SWW portion of this weeks episode. In a way there were two adult trivia events. You mentioned the event at the millionaire site. That was a hoot with quite a bit of character interaction. This event was held several times a day. There used to be a second "hardcore" trivia contest held in the ABC Theatre -- it was limited to about 36 guests or so. These questions were quite difficult -- I was eliminated in the second round. However, my oldest son won the event. We were quite surprised at the amount of merchandise that he was awarded. I figured that it was about $500 in value. The highlight of that years trip(2005) for sure.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Evansville IN
    Thanks
    Scott C

First Trip Aug '73
    Next Trip Jun '07 POP
    Vistacrusin' since 00

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I was listening to this show (as I do most shows) through my car stereo on my way home from work, and when Lou, George and Glen started just pulling random Star Wars quotes out of thin air and "Disney-izing" them, I started laughing so hard I actually had to pull over and catch my breath.

"You do not need to see his Fast Pass. These are not the dorks you're looking for. Move along."
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Those quotes were laugh out loud moments for me too.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like Star Wars, but that is not where my geekdom lies. I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings and think a ride or LOTR week would be great in Magic Kingdom, specifically fantasy land. Just a thought.

CyclingMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The laugh out load moment for me was when Lou played the Bill Murray SNL clip singing "Star Wars...nothing but Star Wars"

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Enjoyed the podcast and the geek factor! The first time I rode Star Tours was at DLR not long after it opened -- I remember thinking I had no idea what I was in for, and during the ride my sister and I kept debating back and forth about whether or not we were actually moving forward! It was the coolest technology I had ever experienced, and having the "real" R2D2 and C3PO right there was awesome.

I was also happy to hear that I might be able to buy park merchandise online. My cousin will also be happy, since she's going to college in SoCal and I'm constantly having her pick up things for me...

Can't wait for next week's fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast