Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss What is the opposite of “commando?” in the The WDW Radio Show forums; And, if not winging it, then wandering. That's what we do since we began bringing our 2-year-old son down when he was six months old (and he's been to WDW ...
    abramdf is offline A-Ticket holder
    And, if not winging it, then wandering. That's what we do since we began bringing our 2-year-old son down when he was six months old (and he's been to WDW 6 times already!). We go to a park and just kind of wander around. We're starting to be a little more organized, though. The last trip 3 weeks ago did have a few must do things that we done did do. But wandering is definitely a much more relaxing way to go than commando.

Geef is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Baloo View Post
    What would be the opposite of “commando”?
    Dead

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    You took Megan to WDW without us? How inhumane of you!
    They call me "Nana"

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Mike Scopa of the WDW Today podcast has talked about "slug touring" before, I guess that could be one kind of opposite to commando touring, I tend to think the alternative to commando touring tends to be taking in things in addition to the rides and shows,for instance the various trails at Animal Kingdom, live musicains at all of the parks, streetmosphere characters at the Studios and Magic Kingdom, taking a break form the parks to have a liesurly meal, perhaps at one of the resorts, these are all things that can take a day that might have otherwise been commando touring and slowing it down in a way that savors the experiance of the day.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

cholleman is offline A-Ticket holder
    The opposite of Commando is Arius. He was the guy who kidnapped Jenny Matrix (Alyssa Milano) from Colonel John Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) in 1985. Great movie.

KevinZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    How about grazing?

shane123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tarynkelly View Post
    Or fully gusseted
    The world's greatest sentence

mikei22a is offline A-Ticket holder

the opposite of commando

I would have to say that the opposite of "commando" would be "Mongello"!

RandBmom is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
    I thought when people talk about going "commando" They ment they where just going in hitting all the rides and attractions and really not taking in the parks and what's around them. But I did think about the underwear thing too!
    Okay, I did think about the underwear thing (there could be chafing in the hot Florida sun...), but for us, touring from park opening to park closing is a relatively new experience. Our youngest was seven on the last trip, and "commando" for us was what we called being in the MK from opening to closing without a stroller.
    That being said, it wasn't really a "Type A" kind of day. Thanks to Lou, we're really conscious of our surroundings and the extra magic in the non-attraction areas. We've also learned to save indoor, cool attractions like Hall of Presidents and Philarmagic for the heat of the day. We also ride TTA at least three or four times when we need to chill. The boys are noticing more and more hidden treasures all on their own. The next generation of WDW Trivia buffs!

Even with my specialized definition of "commando" I think it's important to take a day or half day out of the parks for a breather. Helps for smelling the roses on the "commando" days.
    RandBmom

RandBmom is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mikei22a View Post
    I would have to say that the opposite of "commando" would be "Mongello"!
    Now that's a classic!
    RandBmom

Blixzit is offline A-Ticket holder
    How about Scopa-Style? Slow and steady wins the race, after all

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder
    The opposite of COMMANDO is VACATION. Too many people come back from WDW completely unrested and stressed. This is because they went there with limited time and an unachievable attraction agenda.
    We stay on the average 10 nights a year (We are DVC members at WLV). One of the nice thing about being in DVC is that you know you are coming back "next time" - so there is no pressure of how much you get to do/see - just that it is a fun time.
    Since we go every year, we purposely plan time away from the parks, enjoying our resort etc. It is a vacation after all!!
    However, if you don't go often and have must-do's, you must be realistic in what you can see/do while being conscience that the purpose of the trip is to have a vacation! Better to fully enjoy less than to rush through many and experience more.
    This is actually part of the reason I bought into DVC. How else could I justify my need to experience WDW and stay on property without it being mostly prepaid for 40+ years? We all have economic ups and downs, but all the better if you already built in some Disney time that can't be refunded!!

f00
    f00 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just found this thread and I was thinking that the opposite of "commando" may very well be :-

Commandon`t

All the very best

F00

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I thinik the opposite of Commando is "Disney Amble". Just wandering around doing and seeing whatever the spirit moves you to do.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12