Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #71 - June 15, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. This is show #71 for the week of June 15, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #71 - June 15, 2008

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show - your Walt Disney World Information Station. Thank you for tuning in once again. This is show #71 for the week of June 15, 2008. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I am back from covering Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios

In this week's Walt Disney World News, I'll respond to your inquiries about Disney's baggage policies when you check in for your flight at your resort, pin events, what's coming to the Wide World of Sports, and how you can watch full length Disney movies for free.

In the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, we'll talk about what's coming to Toy Story Mania, and why next year may be the last for some very popular merchandise.

I'll recap my visit to the first Star Wars Weekends events at Disney's Hollywood Studios with Glenn Whelan, as we look back at our experiences, talk to other Guests in attendance, and think about what the future of the event might hold.

We talk about the Disney magic that we all know, believe in and appreciate, as it's really what brings us back time and time again to Walt Disney World. But what you might not know is that there are many sides to the magic that is created, and quite often, we neither see nor hear about it. I'm not talking about the magic created inside the resort, but what Disney does to bring that magic to those that really need it in a variety of ways. As giving back to the community has always been important to me, I wanted to let you hear about some of the amazing efforts that so many members of the Walt Disney World cast take part in throughout the year. So I want to share with you my interview Eugene Campbell, who is Disney's Vice President of Community Affairs about what they do to help people close to home.

Beci Mankhen from MouseFan Travel joins me once again to answer more of your emails, and I'll play more of your voicemails at the end of the show.

Stay tuned after the email section, as I'll give you a chance to sample my Audio Guide to Walt Disney World, and have a couple of announcements. So as always, please sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939). Visit the web site at wdwradio.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 06-15-2008 at 06:48 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great job this week Lou! Your recap of Star Wars Weekends with Glenn Whelan was really fun to hear. It sure sounds like you had a great time. Also it sounds like the merchandise lines were insane. Your conversation with Eugene Campbell was so great to hear for many reasons. It's so amazing to hear how Disney truly does bring the magic to everyone. It's really an inspiring story. Good job on the emails with Beci Mankhen as well. Keep up the great work Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Another spectacular show, Lou! I can't wait for the "Something BIG!!!"
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad's Buddy View Post
    Another spectacular show, Lou! I can't wait for the "Something BIG!!!"
    Me either and I'm wondering what in The World it could be. I became even more perplexed when I called Disney at 6:15 a.m. CDT this morning to check on my Aug. 30 trip. I got a GREAT CM who took time to explain some of the issues then went on to ask if I needed dining, etc. She saw my Dec. trip "on file" then told me she wanted to take a minutes to go over some of the great holiday events and attractions at WDW (Wow! A CM who truly loves her Disney job).

She mentioned MVMCP, Osborne Lights, CP, etc. but when I asked if my 180 day dining window was open for December it all became very mysterious indeed. She told me my window was open and I mentiond I need to get my ADRS in order ASAP.

She replied in an "I'm not really telling you this" manner. "Yes! You need to call back Monday or Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. [emphsis added]. Did you hear, Monday or Tuesday at 7 a.m." I said, "I should make them this weekend." She said, "No! You need to call back Monday morning at 7 a.m., remember 7 a.m." Then in a softer voice she said, "There should be some exciting things happening by then."

WHAT in The World could be going on? I tried to reason that she had to be referreing to the CP dinner packages but that's not such a BIG deal. THEN I wondered....???? Could this be connected to Lou's "something BIG" announcement?

Well, I have no clue but I'm hoping after all this, it truly is something BIG. I'll definitely be calling WDW at 7 a.m. EDT Monday morning to find out what the CM was trying to tell me.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Great Show Lou! Thanks for sharing your Star Wars Geekdom with a listener who is also a Disney/Star Wars Freek! Loved the pictures!

Keep up the great work!

kuzibah is offline A-Ticket holder

Bowling at WDW

I just wanted to say, my husband and I are SOOO excited about the new "bowling stadium" they are building at Wide World of Sports! He is an avid bowler in a couple of leagues (220 avg.) and coaches kids' leagues, too. We've gone to the National Tournament in Reno, and while the bowling is interesting, there is not much to do there during the week if you don't gamble (which we don't.) Also, I was not a fan of the climate-- we were there in mid-June and there were snow flurries!

But it sounds like they will be doing the National Tournament in WDW when this facility is complete, and we are totally looking forward to it! Plus, it's another fun thing for families to do on vacation.

So hooray for WDW bowling! We can't wait!