Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss It really IS a small world after all. in the The WDW Radio Show forums; So I started my new-hire instructor pilot standardization classes this week at Embry-Riddle, and yesterday during our lunch break, I headed over with two of the other prospective new-hire flight ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

It really IS a small world after all.

So I started my new-hire instructor pilot standardization classes this week at Embry-Riddle, and yesterday during our lunch break, I headed over with two of the other prospective new-hire flight instructors to grab sandwiches over at the Student Center. As we were sitting there, chit-chatting about what movies were out in theaters, what it cost to go to the movies these days, and what kinds of things we spent our very limited entertainment budgets on, I of course brought up my Disney AP and my obsession with the Mouse. And as I said these very words: "I'm pretty big into a few of the Disney online fan communities, primarily DisneyWorldTrivia.com...", one of the guys I was talking to suddenly perks up.

"Wait.... Did you say Disney World Trivia?" he asks.

"Yeah. You know it?"

"I listen to the show!" he exclaims, a grin spreading from ear to ear.

"Lou's podcast? Me too!"

"Yeah!"

And then just a couple weeks ago I was sitting at a table in the library at the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island, wearing my Team Disney World Trivia t-shirt (which was so graciously awarded to me by Lou for being a finalist in last years Triviafest event at Mousefest), I was approached by another young man I'd never met before.

"Hey, I like your shirt," he says to me.

"Thanks," I reply. "You a member there?"

"Nah. I've visited a few times... poked around. it's a nice place, but I'm not really much of a forum person. But I listen to his podcast all the time."

Lou, your fans are everywhere! I can't believe how much your little website, created for the purpose of discussing updates and changes to WDW as they effected your first little Disney World Trivia book, has turned into such a massive phenomenon, and how many more fans you are reaching every week by means of your award-winning podcast. I'm literally making friends out of complete strangers and casual acquaintances who are recognizing your name and your projects and realize that they share a common bond with me in the form of our mutual Disney-mania. It never ceases to amaze me!

Thanks so much Lou, for all the hard work and great stuff you do. Keep it up!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

How nice Don! Thanks for sharing your stories! I couldn't pass by with a title like that!