Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Disney Smell Segment in the The WDW Radio Show forums; My aunt just went to Disney recently and brought me back a sweatshirt and I gave it a good sniff and just could imagine everything my husband thought i was ...
    I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    My aunt just went to Disney recently and brought me back a sweatshirt and I gave it a good sniff and just could imagine everything my husband thought i was a loony because i told him i never wanted to wash it cause it would get rid of the Disney World smell (Don't worry everyone i did wash it)
    I also am a big fan of how POTC smells and Soarin is a favorite when it sprays the fresh Orange scent i love it!! The Haunted Mansion has a certain smell to it as well
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The water smell is in Disneyland water rides too, so it's not just a Florida thing. It must be something in the way they treat the water. It's a great smell. And you can pick up some of the water smell at the end run of Big Thunder at the drippy cavern part.

I pick up on something similar to the Monorail in several Tomorrowland attractions. It's the smell of the future.

I was in the mountains a couple weeks ago at a festival and they were barbecuing turkey legs. That smell brought DW instantly to mind.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    On Saturday, my wife and I walked into Spaceship Earth and were immediately and notably immersed by the unmistakable smell. We love that combination of plastic, carpet, and A/C. It is a romantic smell of technology! Even more than the burning rome odor, we are immersed in the basic ride smell as you enter the inside.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Jamie77 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Pirates of the Caribbean was definitely what I was thinking of as soon as Lou mentioned the smells of WDW.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Gotta find out what the smell is at the BCV lobby, Smells great!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You are so right about how good BCV lobby smelled. We sat there when we arrived in 2006 as it was pouring outside. We waited in the lobby & it was so nice smelling & comfortable. I was dozing in a chair, we arrive after days of running my daughters highschool graduation, a insurance course & my cousins wedding until 1a.m. LOL.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    When I go down tomorrow to print my airline ticket, I'll have to ask about the smell.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Havent read through all of these but I don't think anyone has mentioned the Haunted Mansion. Once the doors open you get that dusty old wood smell blasted in your face as your eyes adjust to the darkness and you funnel into the stretching rooms. Ahhh i can almost smell it just thinking about it. I'll be there tomorrow I cant wait to get a whiff the old place.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Main Street Bakery. We always used to go there first (when else are you allowed cake for breakfast?!) so the smell meant that we had arrived. Even now, my brother and I will walk past a bakery and comment that it smells 'like America'.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh, yes the Bakery. I remember going there for breakfast my first visit when I was 10 & visiting the World with my mom & aunt. I will have to make a point to forget to eat breakfast on our next visit. I remember the musty smell in Pirates.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123