Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Solarium Smell in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello, I have a smell question I come from a town the great lakes and a lake cottage has a wood/musty smell but not as powerful as the water smell ...
    snf1694 is offline A-Ticket holder

Solarium Smell

Hello, I have a smell question

I come from a town the great lakes and a lake cottage has a wood/musty smell but not as powerful as the water smell in WDW, but has anyone noticed the solarium in the Beach Club smells just like the cottages along the great lakes or am I going crazy?

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by snf1694 View Post
    Hello, I have a smell question

I come from a town the great lakes and a lake cottage has a wood/musty smell but not as powerful as the water smell in WDW, but has anyone noticed the solarium in the Beach Club smells just like the cottages along the great lakes or am I going crazy?

I agree, I think it is the combination of all the oak trim and the warm Florida sun/humidity that brings the light musty smell out. I couldn't put my finger on it when we ate our breakfast in the nearby hallway, but I had that eiry feeling I had been there before even though I knew I hadn't. Now that you mention it though, it did remind me of the smell of my grand parents log cabin. The solarium was usually vacant, so it was a great place to sit for some peace and quiet...it also has a 60 plasma in the little alcove now so I was able to catch up on the baseball scores. GO CUBS!!!
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code