Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #78 - August 3, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am Lou Mongello happy to back with you again this week, and this is show ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #78 - August 3, 2008

Welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am Lou Mongello happy to back with you again this week, and this is show #78 for the week of August 3, 2008.

In this week's breaking Walt Disney World News, I'll have information about a new dining package coming in 2009, as well as some changes to ticket pricing. I'll update you on the new Kidani Village at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and some other changes around the resorts. In the parks, I'll tell you how and when you can audition for a new attraction in Walt Disney World, and in the Rumor Mill, I'll give you a hint at what movie is being rumored for a new attraction in the parks.

Disney's Year of a Million Dreams has always extended far beyond the handing out of physical prizes in the parks, truly embracing its namesake. In fact, it has really always been about making dreams come true for people, and often times, dreams they may never have known they even had. Whether it is giving a family a night in a Castle, or crowning one man Chief Magic Official, it gives people opportunities never before available. And for 12 lucky, talented people who love Walt Disney World, their dreams came true as well, when they were selected to the Disney World Mom's Panel, an online forum where Guests could ask the experts and gain insights about planning their Walt Disney World vacation. This week, I want to welcome 7 of those members to the show, as we discuss not just the panel and how and why they were selected, but to learn more about them, the panel and what they are doing to help.

I'll have more at the end of the show, including many more of your voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Call our voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939)
    Email the show at lou [a t] wdwradio.com
    If you like the show, please let others know by reviewing it on iTunes
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 08-04-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for another fantastic show!!! I have no idea how you do it all.

One problem with the show notes page over at wdwradio.com, the link for the Adventureland Contest Round 1 results is dead. I checked the code and there's no URL listed in the tag (at least as of this posting).

I thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Thanks as always Lou!
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I also noticed the link doesn't work. I was so excited when I saw it too!

And great show! I met Bret at MagicMeets. He's really nice.

And love that last birthday message

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

thomasmstrong is offline A-Ticket holder
    Can we get back to talking about Disney attractions again please? I fell in love with this show because of all the great topics on disney world attractions and hotels. Every week was another great topic on attractions. Im not seeing this anymore and it makes me sad. On this year of a million dreams can you make my dream come true and start talking about the world again?

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just a quick correction from this week's show. When discussing the new Quick Service Dining Plan, Lou said that it includes a mug "that you can refill as often as you want at ANY quick service location or at your resort hotel." This is incorrect. Like the existing refillable mugs, you can only refill them at your resort's foodcourts' beverage stations. This is said explicitly on the PDFs on disneyworld.com:
    The plan also includes one (1) Resort refillable drink mug per person, per package (eligible for refills at Quick Service locations only in your Disney Resort hotel).
    It's unfortunate that they're *not* changing that policy, but that's the way it is...
    Last edited by mritty; 08-04-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: formatting quote

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mritty,

I can see how that can be misconstued. All you have to do is misread "only" as "and" and the meaning is changed
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! Your roundtable with the Walt Disney World Mom's Panel was really great to hear. Good to see they're all just as big Disney fans as we are! Again, another great show Lou! I know I'm a little late in saying this; but I hope you had a very Happy 40th Birthday! Congratulations to you! Keep up the great work Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great show, Lou. There are so many facets of Disney and you seem to find ways of helping us explore them all.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Here's some news that should be shared on the next show:

-Woody's Cowboy Camp and the Main Street Family Fun Day Parade at Magic Kingdom will both be having their final performances on September 27th

-The Hall of Presidents is now scheduled to be closed for refurbishment November 1st-July 1st, 2009

EDIT: Also, Lou Mongello, who did you interview for the new interview that you said is coming soon?

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post

-The Hall of Presidents is now scheduled to be closed for refurbishment November 1st-July 1st, 2009
    Oh darn, it'll be closed during my trip. What a shame I'll have to miss that attraction.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wonder if Hall of Presidents is closed for so long to allow them to have time to add the new president to the hall.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    One other news tidbit should also be mentioned by Lou on his next show:

-In Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom, Timon now has an articulated face (moving mouth and blinking eyes), following in the footsteps of the treatment given to Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale in the Magic Kingdom shows last year.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    EDIT: Also, Lou Mongello, who did you interview for the new interview that you said is coming soon?
    Next week (Aug. 17)... hope you find it worth the wait!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast