Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Mom's Panel in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I loved listening to Lou's interview of 7 members of the Mom's Panel this week! Last year I learned about the contest to be a member a day too late ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Mom's Panel

I loved listening to Lou's interview of 7 members of the Mom's Panel this week! Last year I learned about the contest to be a member a day too late and was so disappointed.

I'm wondering, does anyone know if the plan is to expand the Mom's Panel each year or rotate it out by way of another contest? I'd love to submit an entry for it!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

and Dad's

and I'm also ready to be a Disney Dad panel guy. I submitted last year also and will try again this time around should they open it back up

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I just got an email from the Mom's panel asking me to enter again this year for the 2009 panel. Apparently the contest opens up again in September.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

yippee

Very kewl...wife and I are both ready to roll when it opens back up

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoGirl View Post
    I just got an email from the Mom's panel asking me to enter again this year for the 2009 panel. Apparently the contest opens up again in September.
    Do you know, is it a "replacement" of the current members or just adding on to them?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm not sure...here's an excerpt:

we would soon be filling the coveted spots of the 2009 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel. Well, we just can’t keep the details to ourselves any longer and we wanted you to be the first to know. Starting on September 8 and running through September 19, 2008, or when we reach 20,000 applications, we will be accepting applications for the 2009 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. As a Mickey Moms Club member, applying should be a breeze since your love and knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort plays an active role in your life. Starting September 8th, visit www.disneyworldmoms.com/2009 to submit your application. And – if you know of other moms who want to join the Mickey Moms Club, this is their chance too. Everyone who submits an application for the 2009 Walt Disney World Moms panel will be invited to join the Mickey Moms Club. Good luck, Mickey Moms!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder
    They mentioned on the show that their year would be over after a year and that they would be replaced.

DISgeeksfromDC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I loved listening to Lou's interview of 7 members of the Mom's Panel this week! Last year I learned about the contest to be a member a day too late and was so disappointed.

I'm wondering, does anyone know if the plan is to expand the Mom's Panel each year or rotate it out by way of another contest? I'd love to submit an entry for it!
    Your question is a timely one, because Disney just released a few details about applying for the 2009 Moms Panel in its latest edition of the Mickey Moms Club newsletter:

"In the previous issue of the Mickey Moms Club newsletter, we let you in on a little secret: that we would soon be filling the coveted spots of the 2009 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel. Well, we just can’t keep the details to ourselves any longer and we wanted you to be the first to know. Starting on September 8 and running through September 19, 2008, or when we reach 20,000 applications, we will be accepting applications for the 2009 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. As a Mickey Moms Club member, applying should be a breeze since your love and knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort plays an active role in your life. Starting September 8th, visit disneyworldmoms.com/2009** to submit your application. And – if you know of other moms who want to join the Mickey Moms Club, this is their chance too. Everyone who submits an application for the 2009 Walt Disney World Moms panel will be invited to join the Mickey Moms Club. Good luck, Mickey Moms!"

Incidentally, to my knowledge, the only recipients of the Mickey Moms Club newsletter are the 10,000 people who managed to apply for the 2008 Panel last Fall. It's clear, though, that this year's contest is open to all "Moms" (or, to the first 20,000 who apply, at least ), and all applicants will be invited to join the Mickey Moms Club.

Best wishes!

**Since I'm a "newbie" on this board, I'm not permitted to post links. When Sept. 8 arrives, just add a triple "w" and a dot to the disneyworldmoms.com/2009 web address, and you should be golden!
    Last edited by DISgeeksfromDC; 08-08-2008 at 01:39 AM.

Whoops! 'Looks like PlutoGirl already posted the relevant details from the newsletter!

Anyway, good luck to all who apply!

Thanks so much! I did re-listen to Lou's podcast and heard the fact that the current moms are being replaced. I'm actually kind of sad about that. I was hoping they'd just add to the panel. Still, I'm looking forward to applying this year.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    After hearing this week's show I want to enter too! What exactly did you have to do to enter the contest last year? How many words etc? I need to put my thinking mouse ears on......Actually I am going to go and listen to the show again, and check out the mom's website!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    does anyone know if its only open to Moms in the USA? I've looked through the information, but am i missing an obvious exclusion for non - USA residents?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    does anyone know if its only open to Moms in the USA? I've looked through the information, but am i missing an obvious exclusion for non - USA residents?
    I didn't see anything either about US resident. Go for it, Fiona. All you've got to lose is the price of a stamp.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Thanks so much! I did re-listen to Lou's podcast and heard the fact that the current moms are being replaced. I'm actually kind of sad about that. I was hoping they'd just add to the panel. Still, I'm looking forward to applying this year.
    I totally hear 'ya! (They're a classy bunch, who will be a tough act to follow. Plus, from what I've observed, they seem like they'd be a lot of fun to work with.)

I'd like to think that Disney will at least tap them as resources to help ease the transition for the new Panelists. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    One of the Moms on this year's panel (Brigitta Noer) hails from Canada. She's from Nanoose Bay British Columbia.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast