Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #80 - August 17, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; What a great interview Lou. What a honor it must have been to talk Mr. Sherman. I could have listened to him talk for hours. Thank you for letting him ...
    djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What a great interview Lou. What a honor it must have been to talk Mr. Sherman. I could have listened to him talk for hours.

Thank you for letting him know what his music has meant to so many of us.

I'm not sure how you're going to top this....
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

RandBmom is offline A-Ticket holder

Bravo!

I just finished listening to the Richard Sherman interview, and I know it will stay with me for some time to come. So many special moments and nuggets of anecdotes, I think I'm going to have to listen to it again and again.
    I actually teared up twice: once when Mr. Sherman was describing the dedication of the "Partners" statue (Feed the Birds) and his description of the prayer quality of "It's a Small World." As a singer and performer I always prefer singing songs with a message or story, and I can tell you I'll never think of these two songs the same way again.
    Bravo and heartfelt thanks for an inspirational interview.
    RandBmom

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Great interview Lou....loved the show. Time just flew by..never felt like it was an hour.

I gotta ask though...what did he call you when the interview started? It certainly wasn't Lou.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    wow what a great podcast and interview this week lou!

I got really choked up and almost started crying (in the car on my way to work!) when Mr Sherman was talking about the Partners Statue & playing Feed the Birds at Disneyland, what a wonderful story!

Barbie xxx

lancelot62 is offline A-Ticket holder
    u wanna get the waterfalls runnin see the xtras on the mary poppins dvd, u can see the bird ( walt ) fly by the piano

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Incredible. I had trouble seeing the track as I was running tonight! I love that Walt's favorite song was "Feed the Birds" and the whole story about little kindnesses.

Thank you so much for sharing this interview. What an honor it must have been to speak to such a legend!!

Kathy

Caspian is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks, Lou. Another home run.

LD

MagicalMarley is offline A-Ticket holder
    This was a fantastic podcast. The Sherman Brother's have certainly touched my life and my families' with their great storytelling abilities, and Mr. Sherman was able to put this talent to use again in his retelling of all his wonderful memories.
    Thank You Sherman Brothers!
    and Thank You Lou!
    Jessica

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Wow! What a great interview! Thanks for sharing another interview with a Disney Legend! Priceless! It is simply awsome to hear Mr. Sherman's pride, joy and passion about his work and his fondness and love for Walt Disney. 'Walt Disney Presents The Sherman Brothers' (the second Disney CD that I purchased) among the other soundtracks that the Sherman Brother's wrote have brought many hours listening pleasure at home and especially at work! Thank you Lou! Keep up the great work!

ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou:

I'll just reiterate the other posts. Great show. I hope that is just the tip of the iceberg for similar interviews!

ajc

markjochems is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, I just registered on this forum to thank you for this wonderful special edition of the WDW Radio Show. I've been listening to your podcasts for a number of months now but this one topped them all. I planned on listening to it on my way to and back from work, it kept me up till 1 AM in the morning however as I just couldn't stop listening. I believe this podcast could have easily lasted 3 or 4 hours without it becoming boring. Thank you Lou (and Mr. Sherman of course)!

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WOW, Lou. That was amazing! I wish I had known not to listen on the freeway on the way to work; I was crying throughout the entire show.

Richard Sherman is an amazing man and YOU Lou, as always, are an amazing interviewer.

This was a precious gift to Disney fans!!!

Feed the Birds is my favorite Disney song. I actually worked with Greg Sherman, Richard's son, about 10 years ago and was able to have the Sherman Brothers sign some sheet music for me (including "It's a Small World and "Feed the Birds.") They were so kind and I wrote them a nice note thanking them for bringing so much joy and hope to the world.
    It was all started by a mouse!

DaveH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, great show. I had the pleasure to see Mr Sherman on the members cruise last Oct. He did a concert one night and explained things and sung and played the songs. He also did a couple of interview things one day. I could listen to him for hours. Thanks for the show and memories.

iggyaa is offline A-Ticket holder

MP3 download of the ending medley?

Hi Lou,

The interview was fantastic and the medley at the end was wonderful.

Could you put up an MP3 of just the medley so I can add it to my music playlist?

It would be really really great if you could put up a list of what all the clips are and if you have them, links to sources.

I'd really like to see the clip that you talked about of the Sherman Brothers and Walt performing for GE. Is that available somewhere online?

thank you!
    Alicia

tink127 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Loved the interview Lou. I got choked up when Richard Sherman was talking about the Partners dedication and the bird flying down. Has anyone been able to find a clip on the web of this? If so I would love to see it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast