Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #80 - August 17, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Best show yet! I've heard countless interviews of Richard Sherman, but Lou, yours is the tops. I burned a copy to CD, so I'll always have it. Then I raced ...
    tmann is offline A-Ticket holder
    Best show yet! I've heard countless interviews of Richard Sherman, but Lou, yours is the tops. I burned a copy to CD, so I'll always have it. Then I raced to Itunes to download "Tall Paul".

I don't see how you can surpass that show!

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou, all I can say is.... WOW!!! No, wait... make that... AMAZING!!! Wait... oh, let's just say that there isn't just one word to capture how great it was to hear you chat with Mr. Sherman. I would like to reiterate what others have said and thank both of you for this incredible interview. His stories were great to listen to and I also liked that he touched on Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang (I knew a little background on it, including the music, but didn't know that Walt had been approached about it). Even tho it's not a Disney movie, it's no wonder why it has a "Disney touch" to it!

I also am curious if you will be putting up the song medley for download. You did an awesome job putting it together!

Thanks again and keep up the GREAT work!!
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

fazdevils is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you!

Awesome, awesome show! Lou, I've been a big fan of the show for a long time now, but have never felt compelled to comment on one before. This interview with Mr. Sherman was wonderful! It had everything humor, some touching moments, but most of all - like all of the Sherman's great songs - told a great story of these Brothers and the masterpieces they created. Fantastic! Thank you and keep up the brilliant work!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Terrific, engaging interview. It is great to get these glimpses into what it was like to work with Walt. Other interviews had good Walt stories, but Richard got into what it was like to be at the Disney Studio in some of the collaborations that would take place.

Thanks, again. Looking forward to the next show!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Crazy Hakim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by yensid1071 View Post
    I also am curious if you will be putting up the song medley for download. You did an awesome job putting it together!
    Hey Jay,

I have Nero which allows me to snip and edit mp3 files, I have been meaning to splice out the medley. Give me a few days, I should be able to get to it soon.

e-mail me at mscibettasr@aol.com

Mike Scibetta

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks to everyone who listened and took the time to post here about the interview with Mr. Sherman.

Leading up to it, I did hint to the fact that it was one that I was excited about personally, and I'm glad that so many of you enjoyed it. (Just because I like something doesn't mean everyone else always will). Needless to say, it was an absolute thrill for me to get to speak with him, having been such a fan of the work he and his brother created. I'm not too proud to say that a few times during our conversation, I got a little choked up. And then to hear the man that wrote the words to songs like small world and Feed the Birds actually recite them was a real gift.

What was also so wonderful was how kind, gracious, humble and friendly he was. I had a chance to speak with him (and his wonderful wife) on a couple of occasions, and for some time after we recorded, and enjoyed getting to know him just a little bit.

I'm so happy that I was able to share this with all of you, and thanks again for such kind support for this show.

And if you think that this is something that other fans would enjoy, I'd just ask that you share information about the show elsewhere and let others know about it.

Thanks again!

"Let's go fly a kite..."
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

RSoxNo1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The show was fantastic, I especially enjoyed hearing the montage of Sherman Brothers songs at the end of the podcast.

Lou I'm not sure if anyone has told you this, but when you talk with someone, be it the Sherman Brothers or a member of the armed forces or any number of special guests you've had on your shows you come off as one of the most sincerest individuals I've ever heard. It's hard to do and I wanted to commend you on that. Keep doing what you're doing, we all love it.

One question on this podcast (although probably more a general Disney Question). Did the Sherman Brothers write, "Brother Can You Spare a Dime" as heard in The American Adventure? The voice over for that definitely sounded familiar, and I was wondering if there was a connection.

MouseTrainer is offline A-Ticket holder

Why This Podcast Is So Great

Lou,

For me personally, the interviews that you conduct with prior and current cast members are what make your podcast so great. The Sherman interview had as much information in a short period of time as many good Disney books. As you continue to have opportunities to interview the legends, I am one listener who will continue to listen with eager enthusiasm. Thanks so much!

BTW...haven't been able to stop humming "Feed the Birds" or get the image of Uncle Walt gazing out the window while the song plays since the podcast.

chavez705 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou,

Could you post a link for the website for the documentary about the Sherman brothers? I can't seem to find it.

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Believe the link is http://www.shermanmusic.com/ (but I can't currently get to it from my office for some reason)
    ---
    Gary M. Hasty
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

chavez705 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Being that I work with difficult clients all the time, I would've loved to have heard how Mr. Sherman and his brother handled the very difficult P.L. Travers (author of the Mary Poppins books).

Granted, Walt was the one making the movie, but Ms. Travers had script approval and from what I've read was a pain in the you-know-what the whole time demanding changes, criticizing the songs the Sherman Brothers was writing, etc., etc., etc.

I like to hear how "the greats" handle people like that. If they didn't have to deal with her, I'm sure Walt did and they would've most likely been privy to that. I learn from others experiences.

Even with all the accolades that movie won, I find it amazing the author was disgusted with it.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

MouseTunesMissy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow, just wow. I just finished listening to the interview. I don't think I've every heard a more perfect podcast, by such an obviously devoted and well prepared interviewer, ever. Your tribute at the end was pitch perfect.

I still have tears in my eyes thinking about the stories Richard told about Walt and about losing Walt all too soon. His story of the single bird flying down on main street gave me chills and made me cry.

It was, in a word, beautiful.

Now enjoy your time at WDW.

Melissa, In Cleveland, Ohio
    Next trip, October 26, 2008! Woo hoo!

Milkshake is offline A-Ticket holder
    Incredible. I was bawling at the end listening to "Feed the Birds."

I have taken for granted the Disney music that is part of the tapestry of my childhood. No longer.

Lou -- The Sherman Brothers have a new fan because of your interview. You keep the history of Disney alive for so many of us. Thank you.

Myra

DisneyMagic71 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou, you know only too well how I feel about you and your podcasts. They are always great. However, this podcast was by far the greatest one. It was AWESOME!!! We listened to it on our drive back from WDW (naturally feeling depressed from having to leave the World) and it just made us all feel so good. I have now listened to it twice and plan on downloading it onto a CD. You were so wonderful in the interview. I cannot believe how down to earth Richard Sherman is. I started to fill up and cry when he was talking about playing "Feed the Birds" during the dedication of the Partners statue, and when he said how he felt when Walt died. Lou, thank you soooooooo very much for all the time and effort you put into not only this podcast, but every podcast of yours. Thanks for our friendship, too. I still say you deserve a window on main street.....Lou said.......
    DVC MEMBER!!!!
    I wish we'd never have to grow up! Off to NEVERLAND!!!!!!!
    Remember we must always believe in our wishes...they are the magic in the world!!!
    LOU SAID...............................
    Was at Magic Meets '07, '08 & '09 Had a MAGICAL time!
    First trip 9/72 Contemporary; '78,'80,'82'84,'85, '88,'90,'92,'94,'96,'98,'99,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08
    3/20/08 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge; 8/16/08 WDWWilderness Lodge

1/07/09 WDW MARATHON - Beach Club Villas

6/19/09 WDW Spur of the Moment Trip!! OKW,POFQ, & SS
    8/30/09 - 9/7/09 Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel -DH,DD & I - 5K DD did 1/2 Marathon - Coast to Coast!
    1/10 DD doing half marathon at WDW
    2/2011 - Cruisin' with Lou
    & all the great fans of WDW Radio 1st cruise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast