Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Rumor: GM pulling out of TestTrack sponsorship in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I really like the NASCAR sponsorship which would tie in Cars more, however, NASCAR is having problems with the economy as well. They have had alot of empty seats at ...
    BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Rumor: GM pulling out of TestTrack sponsorship

I really like the NASCAR sponsorship which would tie in Cars more, however, NASCAR is having problems with the economy as well. They have had alot of empty seats at the first few races this year and have been losing sponsors for the various teams. I think the most likely solution would be another car company, but hopefully GM will stay on board. There numbers are starting to improve and if they remain a viable company, they are still going to need to advertise. They are reaching a very large audience with their sponsorship of TT and have a showroom for neew cars at the exit. I would think they are getting quite a bit of bang for their buck.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

they are havong so many money problems shame GM has always been a sponser hate to see them go. wonder who if any company would take it over?
    J&J

ms_minnie is offline A-Ticket holder

When does the GM contract officially end?

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Good question. It opened in March 1999, and I can't find much that says exactly when it expires.

It would be interesting to see NASCAR step in, especially with the general proximity to Daytona. I'd really love to see GM stay, but with how things are going lately I'm not holding my breath.
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12