Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #81 - August 24, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . This is show #81 for the week of August 24, 2008, and as always I am ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #81 - August 24, 2008

Welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station.

This is show #81 for the week of August 24, 2008, and as always I am your host, Lou Mongello

We’ll start off with some news from Walt Disney World, including a new, interactive experience for Guests, and in the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, we’ll take a look another add-on, outside-the-park adventure experience that may or may not be coming in the future.

One of my favorite segments on the show are the DSI: Disney Scene Investigations, and this week, we take a look at one of my favorite attractions – Peter Pan’s Flight. We’ll look at the history of the attraction, its roots and connection to Disneyland, examine it scene-by-scene, and explore why it remains such a timeless classic.

There are so many reasons to go to Walt Disney World – family vacation with the kids, honeymooning with your new spouse, the big family reunion, or even the occasional solo research trip. But what about just a bunch of the guys getting together and going away? And instead of places like Myrtle Beach or Las Vegas, what about going to Walt Disney World? Steve “Tikiman” Seifert joins me to talk about going away on a “Mancation” to Walt Disney World, the many things to do outside the parks, and how to get the most out of the experience.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Email the show at lou [a t] wdwradio.com
    Call our voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939)
    If you like the show, please let others know by
    reviewing it on iTunes

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

80 & 81

Great show again. Really hitting me at my core Disney geekdom in #80 & #81. I go between Peter Pan and Mary Poppins being the reason I'm a Disney geek whenever people ask "why Disney" (and as you should know...many people ask that question). Peter Pan's Flight is my must ride attraction in Fantasyland on each trip regardless the line (or the 2.5 minutes of the actual ride).

On a tangent, was watching the Anthony Bourdan's No Reservations show a couple of weeks ago and he was dining at Alice Cooper's resturant. Alice was explaining how he became "Alice". He said the 60's rock music was full of Peter Pan's...but you can't have Peter Pan without Captain Hook and that he was going to be the Captain Hook of music to satisfy having a great villian.
    ---
    Gary M. Hasty
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

thomasmstrong is offline A-Ticket holder
    Bout time you brought back Jeff for disney attraction related purposes. Its a crime hes not on as much as he used to be. But great show. : )

RSoxNo1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have seen the Carousel of Progress fastpasses going back to November/December 2006. I believe it was a way to draw people towards Carousel of Progress to save it from being removed.

I have also seen surprise fastpasses for Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for another great show. I can't wait to see the Peter Pan attraction in Disneyland in April so I can experience some of what you are talking about.

I wonder if you'll be able to find a Kungaloosh when you make the "Jungle Trek?"

With the "Mancation," it's great to highlight how wide the world is with things to do. My wife and I stayed at the AKL for 6 nights last June and only did 2 days in the parks. It was probably our best trip yet!

-- John
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Great Show Lou! DSI rocks! Peter Pan is a favorite of mine. My wife and I experienced Disneyland's Peter Pan ride this past May so it is great to hear your and Jeff's comments!

Keep up the great work!

RSoxNo1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't want to start a new thread for this, but does anyone know where I can find the Reflections of Earth intro voiceover that ends with the guy blowing out the torches?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Another great DSI as always!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

MagicalMarley is offline A-Ticket holder

Yay!

I've missed you Jeff Pepper!
    Jessica

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I really enjoyed the DSI segment this week as well as the "Mancation" segment.

I do have one issue with your news/rumor story about the "surprise" FastPasses for CoP....why? Why would a FP for CoP be any sort of perceived benefit? I love the show/attraction but it's always a walk on. A FP offers nothing other than another piece of paper that ends up in the trash or the ground for someone to pick up.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Great DSI. Peter Pan is my favorite dark ride by far.

As for the mancation, I am overwhelmed with jealousy. Vacationing in Disney World with imagineers and playing golf, eating, drinking, and relaxing. Way to go Tiki Man.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! You and Jeff did another great DSI: Disney Scene Investigation on Peter Pan's Flight. This is one of the best rides in Fantasyland, and I'm glad it was finally recognized. But I sort of knew it was coming anyway, with you being a Peter Pan fan Lou. You conversation with Steve “Tikiman” Seifert about a "mancation" was interesting to hear as well. Great vacation tips! All in all, another great show Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This was such a great episode! From start to finish, I loved every segment this week, not that I don't usually.

Please, please, please continue to do DSI's on classic WDW attractions! It so helps me with my WDW longings, and I won't be able to get back there anytime soon as our 2nd child is on the way in 3 months.

Thanks again, Lou, for a great show, and a very special episode!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

VeggiFruitFruit is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Lou, this is my first posting, but I have been watching the forums and listening to the podcast for almost a year now. I was REALLY impressed with the "Mancation" coverage. I think it would be a BRILLIANT idea to publish a "Manly Man's Guide to Disney World" for those of us who may need to "sell" the idea of a trip to their "man" groups.

Maybe not enough material for a book, maybe a feature article for the Celebrations magazine.

The hook - "Every one thinks Disney World is for Kids and Families - not so! From world-class golf courses to excellent restaurants to jet skiing, here is a guide designed specifically for the "manly man's" point of view. Whether you are staying at Coronado Springs Resort for a business conference, or trying to convince your buddies to take the annual 'guy's vacation' to a different venue, this is the one and only guide you need..."

...just a thought... keep up the great work.

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggiFruitFruit View Post
    Hey Lou, this is my first posting, but I have been watching the forums and listening to the podcast for almost a year now. I was REALLY impressed with the "Mancation" coverage. I think it would be a BRILLIANT idea to publish a "Manly Man's Guide to Disney World" for those of us who may need to "sell" the idea of a trip to their "man" groups.

Maybe not enough material for a book, maybe a feature article for the Celebrations magazine.

The hook - "Every one thinks Disney World is for Kids and Families - not so! From world-class golf courses to excellent restaurants to jet skiing, here is a guide designed specifically for the "manly man's" point of view. Whether you are staying at Coronado Springs Resort for a business conference, or trying to convince your buddies to take the annual 'guy's vacation' to a different venue, this is the one and only guide you need..."

...just a thought... keep up the great work.
    You know I have been trying to get my dad out to WDW (since my mom loves it) but he just imagines crowded lines for kid rides. Living in California and going to Disneyland he does not picture what WDW is all about. There is enough to do and never go into the parks. I even know some people that go to the resorts as their destination and relax there all week. I always understood that there was more than just the parks but now we have many of our friends convinced it can be an adult destination.

Aloha

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast