Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #84 - Sept. 14, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #84 for the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #84 - Sept. 14, 2008

Hello and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #84 for the week of September 14, 2008.

I’ll kick off this week’s show with some news and rumors from Walt Disney World, and then I’ll take you on a brief trip back to Walt Disney World with me, as I look at some highlights from my recent trip. Not a day by day trip report per se, but more looking at a few experiences I had that you might not have known even exist in and out of the parks.

From there, I left the joys of a No Way Jose’ at Beaches and Cream and headed out onto the high seas for a special, 5-day cruise aboard the Disney Magic. In addition to a scheduled 2 days at Castaway Cay, this voyage was even more magical, as it was hosted by Deb Wills and Steve Barrett, and featured great events and one surprise after another. So I invited the hosts to join me this week to recap the cruise and talk about some of the magic on the Magic.

And the time has finally come – we are down to the final 3 in the Adventureland Challenge Contest, and the finalists join me on the show this week to answer a series of questions so YOU can help decide who will be crowned the Ultimate Adventurer and win the Grand Prize of the 6 day, VIP vacation for 4 to Walt Disney World.

There’s more at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Email the show - lou [a t] wdwradio.com
    Call the voicemail and be on the air: 206-202-4WDW (4939)

Please help spread the word!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week Lou! Your sort of mini-trip report was awesome to hear, I'm glad to hear you've had a great time with your family. It's reminding me very much of what my trip will be like, and getting me even more excited for it! Your chat with Deb Wills and Steve Barrett about your time on the Disney Magic was also great to hear! It sounds like overall your time in WDW and on the Disney Magic was definitely a memorable trip!

Also, great to actually hear from the three finalists of the Adventureland Challenge Contest. It's going to be a tough vote on who wins, but it looks like all three will be very deserving to win, no matter who actually does win. Again, great show Lou! It got me excited for my trip coming up, I'm leaving on Thursday! Keep up the great work.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyne View Post
    Great show this week Lou! Your sort of mini-trip report was awesome to hear, I'm glad to hear you've had a great time with your family. It's reminding me very much of what my trip will be like, and getting me even more excited for it! Your chat with Deb Wills and Steve Barrett about your time on the Disney Magic was also great to hear! It sounds like overall your time in WDW and on the Disney Magic was definitely a memorable trip!

Also, great to actually hear from the three finalists of the Adventureland Challenge Contest. It's going to be a tough vote on who wins, but it looks like all three will be very deserving to win, no matter who actually does win. Again, great show Lou! It got me excited for my trip coming up, I'm leaving on Thursday! Keep up the great work.
    I agree.

However, I hope that next week's show will include a DSI, Wayback Machine or Legends of Imagineering segment. I miss those segments as well as your #1 special guest: Jeff Pepper.

Love Mickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show. I loved hearing about Deb's Birthday party and her sounding the horn.

Thanks for all the work you do. I love listening to your podcasts.

ckpoodge is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was very interested in the fact that you were able to have an event at the American Pavillion without closing out the pavillion. I was thinking about having a reception here. What kind of event was this? Dining, hors d'ouevres? Any info or links to pictures would be great. Thanks.

Carol

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Question: Lou - you mentioned activities at the Beach club like the movies, bingo etc. can any Disney guest do these and where can i find out more info about it?

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    I agree.

However, I hope that next week's show will include a DSI, Wayback Machine or Legends of Imagineering segment. I miss those segments as well as your #1 special guest: Jeff Pepper.
    Next weeks show will include ME!!! The Co-Host For A Day winner from the auction at MagicMeets!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

megreader2003 is offline A-Ticket holder
    A day that will live in infamy. A day Lou has been dreading since July.

Hope you had a great time Lori!

CyclingMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lori you are lucky to be co-hosting with Lou, have fun Are you doing the show in person with Lou or via phone(Skype) connection?

I also checked out your blog.....very cool. I need to start one too, but I am having a hard time coming up with some type of theme. You should put the link to your blog in your signature so people can see it better.
    Producer of the Enhanced DSIs found in the WDW Radio download section

My Photos

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the Beach Club feedback . . . Kristine and I check in on Friday morning for a weekend getaway without the kids!

The Adventurerland Challenge Contest is really fun. I like that all three finalists are winners of a Disney Vacation! It keeps the spirit alive and the competition friendly!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Quote Originally Posted by megreader2003 View Post
    A day that will live in infamy. A day Lou has been dreading since July.

Hope you had a great time Lori!
    Hey now! I bet it'll be one for the record books!

Quote Originally Posted by CyclingMickey View Post
    Lori you are lucky to be co-hosting with Lou, have fun Are you doing the show in person with Lou or via phone(Skype) connection?

I also checked out your blog.....very cool. I need to start one too, but I am having a hard time coming up with some type of theme. You should put the link to your blog in your signature so people can see it better.
    We did it via Skype. I think if we would've done it face to face we'd still be trying to record.

I'm glad you liked my blog. I do need to put it in my siggie. I'll have to come up with a cute way to do it.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Next weeks show will include ME!!! The Co-Host For A Day winner from the auction at MagicMeets!!!

How cool! Congrats, and I can't wait to hear it!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Another great show, Lou! I very much enjoyed hearing about your experiences and meets on DCL. It sounds like you all had a good time indeed. It added a lot having Deb and Steve on the show to share their experiences and meets. Wow, Deb, what a special birthday! (I turned 10 this year too). What wonderful birthday experiences you had. When Deb shared her experience and emotions about sounding the ships horn I choked up myself. Disney truly provides magical moments and memories, doesn't it!

All in all a top notch show!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach