Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss AP Price "loophole" in the The WDW Radio Show forums; First of all, I do see this as a benefit, not an exploit. This past week I renewed my FL Resident Premium Annual Pass... kind of. I actually bought a ...
    Blixzit is offline A-Ticket holder

AP Price "loophole"

First of all, I do see this as a benefit, not an exploit. This past week I renewed my FL Resident Premium Annual Pass... kind of. I actually bought a brand new one. After doing a little research, I found out that I could save more money buying a brand new pass than renewing my original one. The way this works is with a WDW Cast Member 10% Discount, when you purchase tickets at a Company D location. There is no discount on renewals, just new tickets. So I could have paid $462.23 to renew my original pass. Instead, I decided to have my dad purchase a brand new pass at Company D for only $459.15. So no, it isn't saving much, but the point it is saving. Not only is it a little cheaper, but because it's a new pass, the expiration date isn't the same. If I renewed my original, it would have been good until 9/7/09, my brand new pass is good until 9/11/09. So all in all, I saved about $3, and 4 days. Pretty good deal considering the state of the economy right now.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I used to do something similar when tickets from the Disney Store came at an advance-purchase discount. Buy the ticket that has the highest discount from its at-the-gate price. Go to WDW. Use the ticket at least once. Then upgrade to an Annual Pass. The discount you got on the original ticket will carry over, and you pay only the difference in *gate* prices between your ticket and the AP.

I haven't tried this with tickets from the wholesale discounters like OrlandoFunTickets.com, but I can't see why it wouldn't work the same....