Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #86 - September 28, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello everybody and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #86 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #86 - September 28, 2008

Hello everybody and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #86 for the week of September 28, 2008.

I’m back from a busy week in Walt Disney World with a full recap of the week’s events, including News and details about what is coming for 2009, including the Celebration Vacations, changes and new additions to the Wide World of Sports Complex, and a new experience in Fantasyland with Tinker Bell and her fairy friends. I’ll talk to some executives with Disney to discuss just what’s coming next.

I’ll talk about my trip with a number of other friends and listeners to the show, as we recorded our recap of the week live from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. We’ll talk about everything from our experience at the newly reopened Nine Dragons restaurant in World Showcase, dinner at the Wave at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, the last nights of the Adventurer’s Club, and if we didn’t talk about food enough, I’ll play our live reviews from the promenade as we review samples from each Wonderland kiosk at Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival. It’s a first-hand, on-the-spot review of many of the culinary delights being offered at the Festival from now through November 9, 2008.

We’ll also talk about other events throughout the week, and the Inaugural Expedition Everest Challenge 5K race that took place this past Saturday. Many of us faced the Yeti and lived to tell about it, so here’s our recap of the race and party.

I also have an exclusive interview with Steve Schussler, the creator of the Rainforest Café, Yak & Yeti and Downtown Disney’s newest dining experience, the T-Rex Café. He joins me to talk about his incredible personal journey, and the creation of some of Walt Disney World’s most unique restaurants.

Finally, I’ll reveal the Grand Prize Winner of the Adventureland Challenge Contest, and crown the Ultimate Adventurer.

Stay tuned at the end of the show for more information and announcements, as well as your voicemails, but for now, just sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

(Sorry for the delay in getting the show done and live this week - I was in WDW [as you'll be able to hear], was delayed coming back, yada yada yada... hope it was worth the wait!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    After listening to the podcast, I'm amazed I didn't drive off the road when you called, Lou! It's starting to sink in this morning... not sure how I'll actually be able to concentrate on anything today....!

I talked to my husband and we are hoping to take the trip in February, if we can find decent flights. I'll be posting on the forums and on my blog about the whole planning process -- starting with transportation and accommodations, if anyone wants to help out or follow along.

Thanks to all who voted in the contest. Congrats to Ashley and Jeff on their vacations too!

Okay, now I have to get to work. And concentrate. (hah!)

Kathy Adams

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congrats, Kathy!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Congratulations Kathy!!!

I look forward to following along from your planning to the trip reports!

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-30-2008 at 11:19 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

vanMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yeah. Congratulations Cathy!!

I have not heard the show yet, but I have chomping at the bit to find out who won. Thanks for posting.

Good luck getting any work done from now until Feb!

torg0 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Awesome job Kathy!

Congratulations!!

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vanMickey View Post
    Yeah. Congratulations Cathy!!

I have not heard the show yet, but I have chomping at the bit to find out who won. Thanks for posting.

Good luck getting any work done from now until Feb!

And now it looks like we're actually taking the trip in August... that's a long time to not get any work done!

Kathy

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Congrats Kathy! The only bad thing is it looks like you're going to have to leave your little musicians behind for a week , but I bet they'll understand!
    ~Ashleigh

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Way to go Kathy! (Looks like we'll be getting together per our chat room conversation last week.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Congrats Kathy!

Boy did I sound aweful on the audio! Stupid cold!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    I was happy to hear that there's finally going to be a new Wayback Machine segment on next week's show.

And Louie, if you're reading this, can you please tell us which extinct attraction you and Jeff Pepper are going to revisit in this upcoming installment? One of the ones that I'm hoping for is The Mickey Mouse Revue.

ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou:

This was by far the best show that you have done. I really enjoyed the interviews with the Disney personnel on the new attractions and promotions. I really enjoyed the "round table" discussion about the restaurant visits, Expedition Everest Challenge and the Food & Wine Festival. We are headed down from October 4 until October 11, so the F&W segment had my mind racing on how to increase our time at the F&W Festival! I really enjoyed the in-park recaps of each offering and enjoyed the cameo by Deb Wills. As a native of Louisiana, I'm not surprised that the Seafood Gumbo was one of the best dishes!

Thanks again for the hardwork and the great show!

ajc

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    As always, good show!! I was surprised to find out that "Rainforest Steve" designed and owned the Jukebox Saturday Night chain. I patronized the Oak Forest location in SW Chicago burbs a few times. Although most nightclubs are themed and you seem to wonder what the next cheesy theme will be, Jukebox did well, in my view, and did last a long time. Lou, if you talk/email Steve tell him job's well done with both Jukebox and Rainforest!!
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Fun show to listen to Lou.

Deanna cracked me up with some of her comments during the "Dining Around the World".

Steve Schussler's story is truly amazing...quite an inspiration. Though I have to wonder whether he's eaten at any of the WDW Rainforest Cafe's lately. While I wouldn't say the food at the RFC is bad...it's okay. What makes me give the food less than favorable reviews is the price. It's way overpriced for what you get. When you go to the RFC it's for the environment not the food.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Lou for another great show. The Food & Wine segment was so much fun to listen too. The world showcase music in the background, hilarious comments, and great random interviews made this one of my favorite segments in a long time. I really enjoyed this show and I can't wait to get down to Epcot soon to try some of this years standouts.

P.S. I couldn't stop laughing about the military hurdles and cargo nets and imagining you navigating both. HAHAHAHAH! Your wife's comments were classic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast