Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #87 - Oct. 5, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello everybody and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am your host, Lou Mongello and this, my friends, is ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #87 - Oct. 5, 2008

Hello everybody and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this, my friends, is show #87 for the week of October 5, 2008.

I値l start off this week with a brief trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, before Tim Foster joins me for another Top 10 segment. This week, we値l look at our Top 10 Sounds from Walt Disney World, and we値l also talk a little bit about the upcoming first issue of Celebrations Magazine.

The email inbox has really been filling up, so I値l answer a number of your emails with Beci Mankhen from MouseFan Travel. Topics include everything from what may happen to the Cinderella Castle Suite in 2009, to the best places outside the parks to watch fireworks, when resort discounts may be announced, the Haunted Mansion痴 999 Happy Haunts Event and more.

As always, please stay tuned at the end of the show for more information and announcements, as well as your voicemails, but for now, just sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Call our voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939)

If you like the show, please let others know by helping to Spread the Word and by reviewing it on iTunes
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

CyclingMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Where might I find those secret Disney discount codes Lou and Beci mentioned during the Q&A section of yesterday's show?
    Producer of the Enhanced DSIs found in the WDW Radio download section

My Photos

mommyintn is offline Registered User
    What a great podcast!! So many of my favorites were included here as far as favorite sounds from the world. My favorite from living in California and going to Disneyland is from the Matterhorn, "Remain seated please - Permanecer sentados, por favor". Thanks for the great show AGAIN!
    Last edited by mommyintn; 10-07-2008 at 08:00 AM.

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Love the "Top 10" seg. As for the monorail, I remember the sound of the Mark IV doors. I can still hear them being closed, " Click-Click-Click , all down the sides. One of mine would probably be from Magic Kingdom, the sound of the Liberty Bell whistle, you can hear that almost everywhere in the park.

***** Note: the above mention of the Liberty Bell whistle was made while listening to the show, did not know that Lou had it as his #2.
    Last edited by dsnyqwn1; 10-07-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Add notes

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    My husband and I are going to listen more closely when we go this time. I hear tons of sounds all the time, but I sometimes don't "listen" to them.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    When Lou mentioned in the Rumor Mill that more characters are going to be appearing in the parks, I'm praying that it'll include re-increasing the number of appearances of characters that were previously common but have become a bit more elusive within the last couple of years (the Country Bears, the 3 Brers, the Robin Hood unit, etc.) as well as bringing old characters that haven't been out in years back from retirement.

OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder

Awesome podcast!

Lou,
    I must tell you how great of a job you did this week. The sound editing and quality were amazing. It put me back at my second home for a little while. I love the Disney sounds because I think they truly "make" the attractions. This is definitely one of my favorite podcasts. I love sitting in the back of EE too! I like looking over my shoulder to watch the tracks flip over before you go backwards. Again Lou, awesome job! Looking forward to a Haunted Mansion episode. Keep up the awesome work!
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou, I had but lost the TTA tones. I even had it as a ringtone on my old phone. I cannot find it anywhere. could you post it or email it to me? Thanks!!
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

cjd606 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou,
    I want to thank you for your top 10 today! I loved many of the sounds you can up with but I think the click-clack of the TTA is one of my favorite sounds!! The monrail doors is another one! I do have 1 comment about the Cinderella suite, can you really put a price tag on staying there?? I think that the suite should be given away, and you should not be able to rent it out for any reason to anyone no matter how rich you are!! That gives everyone the same opportunity to possibly stay there as some point in time!!
    Keep up the great work! You give me my dose of Disney when I have no trips planned there in the foreseeable future. Thanks for all that you do!!
    Cindy
    1990 Contemporary
    2003 AS Sports
    2005 DL GC
    2006 Polynesian
    2007 Mothers' Day Beach Club
    2007 Christmas weekend Caribbean Beach
    2008 DL Disneyland Hotel
    2008 June Boardwalk
    Hoping to head down for our 20 Wedding Anniversary in Spetember 2009

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! The new Top 10 with Tim Foster segment talking about the sounds of WDW was so great to hear. Especially coming back from my recent trip; I could definitely relate to the sounds you hear and can only hear in a place like WDW. I very highly agree with the choices made by both you and Tim.

Also; things are getting excited for Celebrations Magazine as well. I wish you both the best of luck! Good job to you and Beci Mankhen with the emails as well. Great show Lou, the Top 10 was the highlight of it.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!