Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Help! Guide to the Magic for Kids in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello everyone - I know Tim Foster has been on the show - so I thought this would be a good place to ask this. I'm looking to buy the ...
    warner1108 is offline A-Ticket holder

Help! Guide to the Magic for Kids

Hello everyone - I know Tim Foster has been on the show - so I thought this would be a good place to ask this.

I'm looking to buy the Guide to the Magic for Kids.
    Amazon.com has one listed with a publishing date of August 2007.
    The guidetothemagic website has a "new" edition listed that covers toy story mania.
    Does anyone know if they are one and the same? Or is the one advertised on the website a newer edition?

Liv2CdWorld is offline A-Ticket holder
    The one advertised is the newer edition. We've got the "older" addition.

My son LOVES this book. Only downfall is that he wants to carry it around in the parks.....which will never happen. Mom would end up carrying it.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy - Walt Disney

warner1108 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Liv2CdWorld View Post
    The one advertised is the newer edition. We've got the "older" addition.

My son LOVES this book. Only downfall is that he wants to carry it around in the parks.....which will never happen. Mom would end up carrying it.
    Which advertised one is new? The one on amazon or the one on the official site?

guidetothemagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi Gang!
    I was just checking out the boards and thought I might be able to shed a little light on this question
    Amazon should be selling the new edition, it actually came out several months ago (if they send an older one out then someone goofed in the warehouse somewhere!). Obviously the edition on our site is the updated one...and for what it's worth it's discounted there (and we've been known to toss in some extra stickers and stuff if we're feeling particularly 'magical' that day!).
    I hope that helps...!
    Tim Foster
    Author of the Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids,
    a guidebook, photo book, journal, sticker book and activity book all rolled into one!
    www.guidetothemagic.com

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We just bought 2 of these for our girls! They are fantastic!! I, too, am wondering about carrying them around, but we really want to get autographs from the CM's at World Showcase!! I highly recommend this book!! So much fun for the kids to read, plan, etc!! There are great journaling pages, as well!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    We just bought 2 of these for our girls! They are fantastic!! I, too, am wondering about carrying them around, but we really want to get autographs from the CM's at World Showcase!! I highly recommend this book!! So much fun for the kids to read, plan, etc!! There are great journaling pages, as well!!
    Oh, I do carry it around. I just toss it in the backpack. My son just loves the book. My youngest (6) likes looking at the pictures/stickers and stuff, but hasn't gotten quite into is as my 9 yr old.

It's a great book. I got mine at Magicmeets LAST year. It's still holding up well even with dragging it everywhere during our last few trips

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy - Walt Disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by guidetothemagic View Post
    Amazon should be selling the new edition, it actually came out several months ago (if they send an older one out then someone goofed in the warehouse somewhere!). Obviously the edition on our site is the updated one...and for what it's worth it's discounted there (and we've been known to toss in some extra stickers and stuff if we're feeling particularly 'magical' that day!).
    Tim,

Amazon *should* be selling the new edition, but they're not. The product page very clearly says "Released August, 2007" and "1st edition". Amazon is not listing the new edition anywhere that I can find.

I'd suggest having your publisher have a word with them, frankly...

Amazon.com: Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids: Tim Foster: Books

I'd order it directly from Tim's site. No better way to get it than straight from the creator.