Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #88 - Oct. 12, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello everybody and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #88 ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #88 - Oct. 12, 2008

Hello everybody and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #88 for the week of October 12, 2008.

We’re going to start off this week with our tribute to the Adventurer’s Club. And rather than just a look at what it was, its rooms and shows, we’re going to explore the Club like never before, because if you think you knew everything there was to know about the Adventurer’s Club, you might be a bit surprised. Joining me this week is world-renowned Disney historian and author Jim Korkis, who is going to share his exhaustive research into the history and details of the Club, and the stories behind the stories. We’ll go way back and examine it from the very beginning, from concept, to drawing board changes, its creators, design and so much more.

Moving from one party to another, we’ll next head on over to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, as George Taylor and I tell you all about this special event, what you can do while you’re there, tips to get the most out of the party, and why we think this is one of Walt Disney World’s best events.

I’ll play more of your voicemails at the end of the show after some a few announcements, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Email the show at lou [at] wdwradio.com

Call our voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939)

If you like the show, please let others know by
    reviewing it on iTunes
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for another great show, Lou! I enjoyed hearing Jim Korkis share his stories about Adventurers Club. Guess only time will tell if AC returns to adoring fans.

Thanks so much for the MNSSHP segment. That was a lot of fun and I'm hoping to attend MNSSHP in 2009 or 2010.

Have a good and safe journey to The World this week. I'm looking forward to playing more rounds of Where in the World is Lou if you post clues when I'm not at the office.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Love That Duck; 10-12-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I'm so glad I went on the tour of Pleasure Island so I had a heads-up on some of the history discussed. Great program.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I can't believe I never went to the Adventurer's Club...

Kathy

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    The Adventurers Club has always been one of my favourites!! Hoping to get there this trip, KUNGALOOSH!!!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

MrCottonsParrot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This ep was just wonderful! I tremendously enjoyed all the 'insights' into the creation of the AC. I can't help but wonder what will become of all the artifacts that adorned the walls. Hopefully WDW management will preserve them somehow/somewhere in hopes that an AC V2 might come about .....

Oh, and Jim Korkis confirmed for me what I've long suspected - that the character Hathaway Browne was named after a girls school near Cleveland. The funny part is that my sister-in-law attended that school, back in the early 80's!

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll tell you one thing, I have to get some candy for George. I work for one of the large candy companies and getting him eating our product could give us a nice spike in sales..

I think we should start calling him the "Candyman".

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    mmmmm....candy....

Maybe I need to write a book about the history of candy and Disney Theme parks.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Okay, just listened to the podcast. I'm surprised you guys didn't mention the fact that you can get into the MK with a MNSSHP ticket starting at 4pm!

On a trip last year, I arrived at MCO around noon. Went to the hotel, checked in, met some friends, and then went straight to the MK. They let me in at 4pm and I didn't have to use a day on my parkhopper ticket. The MNSSHP events didn't start until 7, but I got in a bunch of rides (especially ones that weren't going to be open during the party) and had dinner.

A great option for either your first day there or a relaxing day at the resort.

Kathy

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Great show Lou....both interviews were great to listen to.

Lou...you really need to check out Plurk. It's much easier to follow a conversation because they're threaded on Plurk instead of how Twitter handles them.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by biblioadonis View Post
    mmmmm....candy....

Maybe I need to write a book about the history of candy and Disney Theme parks.
    Oh maybe a Disney Candy Trivia Book...hmmmmmm.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna View Post
    The Adventurers Club has always been one of my favourites!! Hoping to get there this trip, KUNGALOOSH!!!

Uhm. I can't bring myself to tell her. Someone else wanna?

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh View Post
    Oh maybe a Disney Candy Trivia Book...hmmmmmm.
    Don't tell Lou!

We need a snazzier title, though!
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We got into the Magic Kingdom at 4:00 for the MNNSHP and it was great! We rode quite a few rides before the party officially started. And they had to chase us out at midnight! We didn't want it to end. What a fun event, I love it! I am still enjoying my candy and it was 2 weeks ago!

loosetoon is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey, Lou. FANTASTIC show this week. Jim Korkis is awesome. What a wealth of information.

And thanks for the quick mention of our Hitchhiking Ghosts costumes. I wish we were CMs and could be there in our costumes for every party! Well, we had our visit to MNSSHP about 2 weeks ago on Tuesday September 23rd. I'll post pictures once I make a few more posts and get my post count up to where I can post picture links.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast